vdr and mythtv port fort xbmc
hey
is there any way to port vdr and mythtv to xbmc
Br,
Sis
No, look up the word "port" for why. There will be a means of interfacing these backends once the integrated PVR frontend is complete. AFAIK initial support will be for myth only, but another member has expressed interest in adding vdr support once the ground work is complete.
Quote:adding vdr support

......xbmc+vdr.....simply have to marry....... :o
hey
Okay thanks dude for replaying I meant how to make VDR or mythtv as a part of the project instead of calling them by using scripts .
Or and i think its better building dvb code for xbmc from scratch .
And i wonder why xbmc don’t use mplayer instead of ffmpeg at least in linux .
Br,
Sis
Why reinvent the wheel? If Myth has a perfectly good recording server than working with that vs writing\supporting a new one - a huge job - just makes sense. As for ffmpeg - that's crossplatform. Is mplayer? Does mplayer use multiple CPU cores? <shrug>
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
BLKMGK Wrote:Why reinvent the wheel? If Myth has a perfectly good recording server than working with that vs writing\supporting a new one - a huge job - just makes sense. As for ffmpeg - that's crossplatform. Is mplayer? Does mplayer use multiple CPU cores? <shrug>

Does mplayer use multiple CPU cores? yes and use ffmpeg as part of mplayer code or you can link it to new version of ffmpeg installed in your box instead .. and this will solve the codecs problems such rmvb and others (mplayer support most codecs)
Why reinvent the wheel? i meant just a dvb player only and its simple in linux
not like windowes
Br,
Sis
the reasons we don't use mplayer have been hashed out on the forums before. try the search box. the short version is that the ui wouldn't be as seamless as it is if we used mplayer instead of our home grown dvdplayer (which uses ffmpeg).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
malloc Wrote:the reasons we don't use mplayer have been hashed out on the forums before. try the search box. the short version is that the ui wouldn't be as seamless as it is if we used mplayer instead of our home grown dvdplayer (which uses ffmpeg).

okay can you at least use win32 codecs of mplayer like xine (in linux).
xine home page :
http://xinehq.de/index.php/releases
no. there have been patches to add mplayer as a player, but it's not officially supported, so you'll have to hunt it down and learn how to compile xbmc yourself. another option is to throw away or decrypt your encrypted content.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
vdr and mythtv port fort xbmc0