Universal remote with XBMC
Folks, All the instructions here are to use MCE remotes. I have a Moschip Irda usb adaptor connected to my PC and a One for all universal remote (URC9910). can someone please give me a step by step intstruction on how to make this combo work for XBMC windows?

Would really appreciate help here. I've been pretty frustated with this for few weeks now. I've tried event ghost and ir server suite but I'm not sure how to make the remote talk to the USB adaptor and then configure it to control xbmc. Also, a basic question: can Irda adaptors be configured to talk to remotes or are they only for data transfer?
I had some frustrations with my setup too. Try RemoteXBMC from mode2006 and if that does not work...

Use EventGhost (EG) -- if it supports your IR Receiver.
Program your remote to act as an MCE remote.

If you remote does not have a capability to program as MCE you must 'program' EG for each button press. This is easy... press button, drag IR event from Log (left side of EG screen) to associated Button under the XBMC plug-in folder (right side of EG screen)

If the remote is your problem you can always get a Harmony remote. They are pretty expensive (as remotes go) but I have an extra I can sell you cheap if you want it.

good luck
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
RemoteXBMC= IRXBOX
tutorial here : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=231553
Advertise me if it works with your universal remote
Thanks for the advice folks. After few sleepless nights, I gave in and got myself a used PS3 remote for under $20 which works good with a old BT dongle I had. I'm set for now expect that my wife is not happy with ANOTHER remote in the living room...

I now have to look for ONE remote that controls all my components and XBMC on PC with macros - Harmony might be it. Any model that y'all recommend?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal remote with XBMC0