XBMC Crashes on exit
I am having an issue when choosing either Shutdown or Restart from the Shutdown menu. XBMC freezes and I have to CAD and terminate every single time. It doesn't matter whether I have played any media or not. I believe this is a known issue in Linux though I haven't found anything related to the same in the Windows forum.

I should have a few minutes later to be able to generate a debug log for this and I will post when I do.

System Info:
- XBMC Beta 2 (10-06-08)
- AMD 3.0GHz Dual-Core / 2GB RAM (1.5G System, 512M allocated to IGP)
- Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H w/ ATI Radeon HD3200 IGP / Catalyst 8.9
- Vista SP1 32-bit
A debug log might be useful.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yeah I know...LOL. Sorry I wasn't able to get it put up earlier.

Anyway, here it is: http://pastebin.com/f32548e99

Thanks J Big Grin
Are you running any event clients for remote or anything?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Yes. I am running IR Server Suite 1.4.2 RC1. I haven't been able to get most functions on my remote to work without it. I have a Pinnacle VMC remote. I am certainly open to suggestions if this is potentially causing the problem and will happy to spend whatever time necessary testing. =)
Here are 3 more logs that may be useful as well:

http://pastebin.com/m7565c144

http://pastebin.com/m27c5f3b6

http://pastebin.com/m4eec6360

In all 3 instances, I choose shutdown and the system just sat frozen with shutdown highlighted until I CAD and terminate.
Not sure what is making it hang.

Can you try running without any event clients running to ensure it's not something weird with that (i.e. disable IRSS and use the keyboard).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Jonathan-

I haven't given up on this and I am still having the problem but not consistently. I have disabled IRSS completely for my testing.

I am trying to narrow down exactly how this happens so we're not chasing unicorns...you certainly have more important things to do. I do know at first this was directly related to an issue I was having with updating my music library. It took me about 2 days of trying different things but was finally able to get it all imported so that has been eliminated from the equation. Basically XBMC was trying to import my music and continually hanging. Everything else would still work fine until I tried to exit and it would crash every time. I wound up deleting one particular album from my music, disabling the scrapers and got it to work. Then I went back and scraped manually and got there.

Anyway, since that whole mess was resolved, it doesn't happen as often but the problem still exists. I am also experiencing an issue with miscellaneous AVIs randomly stopping and returning to the menu. Has something to do with MSVCR71.DLL and MSVCP71.DLL and seems to be related to random crashes and/or crashing at shutdown. Usually when one happens, so does the other. I'm about to search the forum for leads on this...

Thanks for your help so far...I'll post again once I'm able to narrow this down a bit and we know what we are actually chasing here. Big Grin
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Crashes on exit0