Problems Getting my Harmony to Work With XBMC
I've paged through about a hundred pages of various threads on IR based solutions for XBMC, and have managed to get as far as I have yet now, but I still have some major sticking points.

1) Every so often, it seems like the IR service stops running, and I don't get the little light that flashes on my IR receiver flashing, and nothings works. The fix I've found is that in the MediaControl plugin for VMC, I can hit "restart remote hook" and it starts receiving commands again. I figure this is a beta product, so I can deal with this problem.

2) What is more annoying, however, is the button configuration. I've paged through threads and haven't found anyone else having quite the same problem as me. All four directions on my remote work, so do Play/Pause/Rew/Stop, but the OK button in the center of the 4-way control and the Back button do not work. I've read through the XBMC manual's tutorial on changing the keymap.xml, and looked through the keymap on my system, and haven't been able to make any progress.

I'm running the Atlantis Beta 2 in Vista Ultimate 64, with an old MCE IR receiver and a Harmony 550, if that helps at all. If anyone has some direction for me to go in, I'd much appreciate it.
I am assuming your 550 is programed as an MCE remote, I have both 525 and 885 working this way. if this is the case then you will not get it to fully work. In order to get it to work you will need to to use IR suite (see media portal for the plugin) alternatively and I have found much better is event ghost..... they are however experiencing issues with contextual keys see

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38160 to keep up on progress.
I think this is an IR receiver problem and not a Harmony 550 problem. I've never had any problems with my Haromny 550.
HTPC= AMD Athlon X2 BE-2350 l Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G l G Skill 2GB l HVR-1800 l PVR-150 l Ultra MicroFly Case l 180GB SATA l 250GB IDE
Old HTPC Build / Current 780G HTPC Build / My Website
Do I need to install eventghost on top of or instead of IRSS?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems Getting my Harmony to Work With XBMC0