Which skin/skins uses the least amount of RAM?
Which of the fully functional skins out there use the least amount of RAM? Is it PMIII or something else? Want to conserve as much as possible on the old xbox...
Why? I run the old xbox, have close to 400 movies, 9000 songs, use MediaStream, and it runs pretty well.
If you enable debug logging in the settings, it will tell you how much ram you have left.

The best way to figure out what uses the most ram is to experiment.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
I'd say PM3 is best. I've changed to mediastream, it runs ok if you are selective with how the fanart is displayed!
I'd probably say stock standard xTV myself it has very little huge images on the screen at one time
Other than Aeon and Vision2 not really had any problems with skins and memory... PM III in both forms is fine as is Mediastream.
Just check the via the info setting how much memory there's left. Press right-thumb tick the info and voila... My numbers: PM3 around 40MB free, AEON (1.4 classic) between 28 and 32MB free. All more than sufficient. Switched off all exept FTP.
You should have about 23 mb of ram left when using Meadiastream and thats at 720p.Also you can read your free ram in file manager now also.It's hard not to see it.I have had no memory issues with this skin.They only time you might get that is if your using backdrops that need downsizing or your using 1080i/p when you should be using 720p.In my opinion use the ram you have on any skin you want.The only skin that gave me issues at all were LEON and AEON.Since then AEON has came out with a xbox friendly version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which skin/skins uses the least amount of RAM?0