WhiteCap Visualization port to XBMC
i'm trying to port whitecap but i failed. i'm totally new to vc++. maybe someone can help me whith it. a lot is the same as in g-force, they both have almost the same classes. i have some difficulties with v3, 3dmatrix, whitecapworld, etc, mainly the things which are different from g-force. maybe someone can help me through?

i get this errors:
Quote:z:\libwhitecap\common\math\v3.cpp warning c4067: unexpected tokens following preprocessor directive - expected a newline
z:\libwhitecap\common\math\v3.h error c2014: preprocessor command must start as first nonwhite space
z:\libwhitecap\common\math\r3matrix.cpp warning c4067: unexpected tokens following preprocessor directive - expected a newline
z:\libwhitecap\common\math\r3matrix.h error c2014: preprocessor command must start as first nonwhite space
z:\libwhitecap\common\math\plane.cpp warning c4067: unexpected tokens following preprocessor directive - expected a newline
z:\libwhitecap\common\math\plane.h warning c4067: unexpected tokens following preprocessor directive - expected a newline
z:\libwhitecap\common\math\v3.h error c2014: preprocessor command must start as first nonwhite space
this keeps on going.
i've looked at other files trying to find the issue but no clue. msvc++ does not index the so called 'types' in these files too.
any ideas?

thanks
greets,

zilvershadow
designer of the kmlbrowser script.
check this:

http://forums.devshed.com/t146284/s.html

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
arrggg!!

it's unbelievable but it had something to do with the fileformat! it was saved in mac ansi coding or something. i managed to fix it by open it in textpad and save the files in the right way. very frustrating as i've been trying for days.
greets,

zilvershadow
Exclamation 
not a dev myself but i remember questor/fused saying he had problems porting gforce with vc++, he had to upgrade to vs.net 7.1 (2003)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Thumbs Up 
ok i managed to port it well enough to get a striped screen Smile
it isn't working yet. is someone willing to look at the sourcecode here?

everything compiles fine but spectrumdata needs to be send instead of waveformdata. i realy do not have any idea how i should interpret that. whitecap differs from g-force as it creates worlds? i did the best i could. hopefully someone is willing to look at it and finds the clue.

my appreciations
greets,

zilvershadow
(zilvershadow @ may 30 2004,21:38 Wrote:ok i managed to port it well enough to get a striped screen Smile
it isn't working yet. is someone willing to look at the sourcecode here?

everything compiles fine but spectrumdata needs to be send instead of waveformdata. i realy do not have any idea how i should interpret that. whitecap differs from g-force as it creates worlds? i did the best i could. hopefully someone is willing to look at it and finds the clue.

my appreciations
thanks for your work so far. i hope someone will pick it up.
btw we still have the unfinished port of tripex. so if a d3d guru is out there willing to finish whitecap and/or tripex ... Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
hi zilvershadow,

i'm answering your questions here, so others can read it, too..

i've just finished porting a little game to the xbox, needs a little bit testing and it's ready, so perhaps i can give you some hints and look at your code.

something i've noticed with the g-force-source: it had some errors in it! off-by-one, errors in linedrawing and stuff like that...

another thing i've noticed looking at your code: you are developing directly for the media-center. that's fine, but it's much easier to first port it to the media-player, and afterwards converting it to a media-center-plugin (btw: i've done it with g-force, too Smile ) the problem with media-center is: it uses it's own exception-handling, so a crashing plugin doesn't crash the whole system (if it's not running amok on memory)

perhaps i can look at the code on weekend, but i'll try it in the media-player, because it's much easier to debug.

btw: whats the big deal with fft? the specturm-analyser uses it, too....
Question 
(questor/fused @ june 01 2004,22:01 Wrote:i've noticed looking at your code: you are developing directly for the media-center. that's fine, but it's much easier to first port it to the media-player, and afterwards converting it to a media-center-plugin (btw: i've done it with g-force, too Smile )   the problem with media-center is: it uses it's own exception-handling, so a crashing plugin doesn't crash the whole system (if it's not running amok on memory)
fyi, by "media-player" questor/fused of course mean xboxmediaplayer (xbplayer on sourceforge), btw g-force xbmp code here (link)
ps! @zilvershadow and all devs, i took the liberty of mirroring zilvershadow initial whitecap port source here (link) and here (link) Smile
okay, found one big bug. you never call pixport::init(..,..,8).
so you have no surfacebuffer set and get trash on the screen...
hope that helps you a little bit.
hehe, i totally looked over that. thanks, the viz is working now. i only have to fix some minor things. the spectrum doesnt come always through (it draws straight lines) and the blureffects don't seem to work. also some lines arent drawn.

i'm happy to see something moving on the screen  :kickass:
greets,

zilvershadow
(zilvershadow @ june 06 2004,14:45 Wrote:hehe, i totally looked over that. thanks, the viz is working now. i only have to fix some minor things. the spectrum doesnt come always through (it draws straight lines) and the blureffects don't seem to work. also some lines arent drawn.

i'm happy to see something moving on the screen  :kickass:
good job. looking forward to see it on my tv. :bowdown:
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i posted the whitecap vis with my sourcecode as a feature suggestion on sourceforge but it's removed. can someone tell me why? Shocked hehe
greets,

zilvershadow
(zilvershadow @ oct. 25 2004,11:25 Wrote:i posted the whitecap vis with my sourcecode as a feature suggestion on sourceforge but it's removed. can someone tell me why? Shocked hehe
from sourceforge page whitecap patch:

Quote:date: 2004-10-24 16:40
sender: nuendo
logged in: yes
user_id=692875

gonna move thios to the patches even tho you missed to
include the sourcecode. Wink

please try again to upload.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
oh and btw zilvershadow did i say i'm realy looking forward to your vis :o
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
(zilvershadow @ oct. 25 2004,12:25 Wrote:i posted the whitecap vis with my sourcecode as a feature suggestion on sourceforge but it's removed. can someone tell me why? Shocked hehe
i moved it to the patches and btw.. you forgot to attach the sourcecode. :p

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WhiteCap Visualization port to XBMC0