Additional Filters for Video Library to Sort Movies
Lightbulb 
The main things I would like in the development que.. besides the already requested a zillion times support for removable drives is a way a few ways to sort the video lib. Assuming that this isn't already in there and I do not know about it.

When you have a video lib that is 2K+ of films the default video sorting can be a bit of a pain.

As well as year, general, actors, directors etc I would like to see

1) Alphabetical Sort - 0 + A-> Z. A simple way split the list into letters... so you can sort the list say as B and only see movies that start with B.

2) A way though the interface to add custom genres. The IMDB genres thing seams to me to be to general. For example in action I have 800 entries, witch basically means it is NOT sorted... Also IMDB genres seam to be way to general... Like if you sort with comedy you get every single movie that has a joke in it... rather than proper comedies as I see it.

If there was a option in the default list called say "Categories" Where you can add your own categories then when you have a film selected you could add it to a category or better yet make a playlist and add all films in the list to a category... the you could streamline your filters in a way that suites you better..

EG
In stead of a 800 films in gener filter "Action" you could have a category set up like this...

Categories
---- Action (as IMDB lists it)
* ---- Spy's
* ---- Cops and Crims
* ---- Comic Books
* ---- Back Stabbing Dramas
* ---- Fantasy (Sword and Sorcery)
* ---- Fantasy (Wizards and Witches)
etc etc.. what ever you like to sort them as.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Additional Filters for Video Library to Sort Movies0