Frame dropping?
Question 
When playing the.matrix.1999.1080p.hddvd.x264.sample-hv.mkv i get some dropped frames, but i cant really see it, but just knowing it is there annoys me.....
When playing the killa.sampla.x264.mkv file i can really notice the frames being dropped as the video "fast forwards" for a sec, then plays normal and then skips some more again...

To reproduce the problem i play the video and press "o", then on the last line that begins with "DVD Player ad: bla bla dropped: 11 bla bla"

XBMC Live Atlantis Beta 2 installed to a 7200 rpm HDD. I have tried to play the videos both over LAN (nfs mounted) and from HDD but i get the same problem.

My hardware:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H,nForce-630i+GF7100
CPU: INTEL CORE 2 DUO E8500 3.1GHZ 6MB 1333MHZ S-775
MEMORY: Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 2048MB CL5 Kit w/two matched CM2X1024A-6400 Dimm's

Video through HDMI and digital sound via Toslink.

As i have read on this site a 3ghz CPU should be enough for the killa sampla, but not on my system, not even "normal" 1080p plays flawlessly...

BTW.
This hardware works very nice except this frame skipping, hdmi and toslink works out of the box with the XBMC Live distro, only had to change from analog to digital audio output in the xbmc settings menu and then toslink worked.
Just having the codec info up is probably enough to drop a few frames if the sample is of particularly high bitrate. Moving away from integrated GFX is your best bet if you're going to be this anal about something you only know is there cause we say it is (that count isn't 100% correct BTW).
You'll need something like a Geforce 8600GT to be able to play 1080p mkv files without frame drops i believe.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame dropping?0