Stubborn Thumb…
For the first time I played with the imdb automatic icon fetcher for my movies folder. When I first did it I made the mistake of checking the box “one movie within this folder” I stopped it after I realized my error, but all my movies were given Alvin and the chipmunks as their image. I was able to fix that by going back and scanning properly (without that box checked)… now my problem:

The “movies” folder icon is stuck on Alvin and the chipmunks, the movies themselves are 100%. I tried putting in movies.tbn with a better image but it won’t over write the chipmunk’s icon.

I would delete the cache and start again, but I have a significant amount of custom images for my movies that I don’t want to lose.

Do I have options?

Thanks

-aPeG
are your custom images in tbn and jpeg files on the sources?
If so, clearing the cache should be safe. (you can always back it up beforehand)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
They used to be, once they were cached to keep things clean i deleted them. Is there anyway to figure out in the cache dir which file belongs to my movies dir?
You can try to reverse the hash, or browse the cache with an image viewer and delete unwanted ones manually.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Got it, Thanks for the ideas Sho!

First I thought I would try to reverse the hash but when I googled “reverse hash XBMC thumbs” this thread was @ the top of the list LOL

So I tried option #2, I downloaded the folder “/C/UserData/Thumbnails/Video” to my computer. Used an extension changer “thanks Drag&Drop Extension changer” it’s hard to find spyware less freeware now-a-days. Changed all the .tbn to .jpg, from there windows gallery view gave me what I needed, only 17 directories. Took me 2 seconds to find the “Alvin and the chipmunks” took the hash name renamed the file I want for my “movies” folder, uploaded it, and that’s it!

Thanks again Sho

-aPeG

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stubborn Thumb…0