• 2(current)
Thumbnail Overlay Generator - makeshift HD video flagging script
You'll need to change ffmpeg to ffmpeg.exe (likewise with identify and composite).
did that for all the executables.
OK I'm assuming there is a file D:\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe. Here's 2 things you can try:

1) use D:\\ffmpeg as your path (double slashes), ffmpeg.exe (etc) as the executable (likewise for ImageMagick)

or

2) copy the files into the tog folder and use a blank path with ffmpeg.exe as the executable

Let me know if either of those works.
Ok set the path for ffmpeg to none, and just stuck the files in the tog folder.... got past that problem. THANKS!!

how long should it take to do 13 1080p movies? It's running right now, and I'm ripping another hd-dvd, so thats slowing my q6600 down a bit, but how long should it take to run?

update: nevermind i figured it out...aparently it can't handle spaces in file names. I am doing it using the -manual switch right now and the -manual switch works, I'll have to figure out the auto scan later...Absolutely love it. Im guessing that the auto method (-convert) takes a while as it has to scan the file for its media type?

Do you have the SD and other png icons available somewhere?
also don't you have your path wrong to delete the thumbnails? you have : UserData\Cache\Thumbnails\Video folder

shouldn't it be UserData\Thumbnails\Video?
Evanrich Wrote:Ok set the path for ffmpeg to none, and just stuck the files in the tog folder.... got past that problem. THANKS!!

how long should it take to do 13 1080p movies? It's running right now, and I'm ripping another hd-dvd, so thats slowing my q6600 down a bit, but how long should it take to run?

update: nevermind i figured it out...aparently it can't handle spaces in file names. I am doing it using the -manual switch right now and the -manual switch works, I'll have to figure out the auto scan later...Absolutely love it. Im guessing that the auto method (-convert) takes a while as it has to scan the file for its media type?

Do you have the SD and other png icons available somewhere?

I can scan a folder with 200 movies in it in a minute or two, so 13 movies should be almost instant. I guess my switch names are confusing, but manual means it doesn't use ffmpeg at all. Files with spaces should work, I fixed that bug for myself a while ago. Does it give you an error or what does it say?

I just realized thinking about it that it probably won't work doing a whole folder automatically in Windows. In linux /folder/*.mkv is expanded by the shell and passed to the python script but in Windows I don't think that'll work (I think it'll literally pass c:\folder\*.mkv). I guess for now you'll have to do them one by one, or make a batch script to do it for you. Maybe I'll add another mode to auto-search folders in the next version, but for now try python tog.py -convert yourfile.mkv yourfile2.mkv yourfile3.mkv etc. If that doesn't work something's wrong with how it's using ffmpeg. If it errors post it here and I'll take a look.

I didn't make SD/Stereo/Mono images, I just know that if there's nothing on it it's SD/Stereo. TBH I'm kinda hoping that somebody makes nicer looking images sometime, lol. Anyway feel free to make SD/Stereo/Mono by just blanking out the existing ones and typing in your own text.

Evanrich Wrote:also don't you have your path wrong to delete the thumbnails? you have : UserData\Cache\Thumbnails\Video folder

shouldn't it be UserData\Thumbnails\Video?

I typed that path from memory, but I think that's it... I dunno, delete them both, lol. I only did it once so I'm not quite sure :0)

EDIT: If this works:

python tog.py -convert "C:\Your Folder\Your Movie.avi"

Use this to do them all (at cmd line):

for /r "C:\Your Folder" %G in (*.avi) do python tog.py -convert "%G"

If the first line doesn't work, there must be a bug related to windows somehow.
what you said sounds like it makes sense, If i let it run manually after corecting the path, it sits there saying "converting thumbs for *.mkv" or whatever the line is, and just sits there until I Ctrl+c to break it, then it shows some lines from the python script. If i do the -manual switch for each video, it works just fine....I take it that means there is either a problem, as you mentioned with directories in windows, or perhaps the ffmpeg isnt working right. Either way, I don't really mind doing it one at a time as I don't add videos that often, so I can crank them out each time i add a video

I'll continue to investigate this, as it's half working, probably a windows thing Sad haha thanks for your help! awesome script.

Where did you get the wallace and grommit background?
OK the reason it's doing that is because Windows is passing the string "*.mkv" to the script instead of passing a list of all files ending in .mkv. The script is expecting actual filenames, so *.mkv isn't going to work unless you actually have a file named "*.mkv" (which is impossible). What you need to do is try doing a single file using -convert:

Code:
python tog.py -convert "C:\Your Folder\Your.Movie.mkv"

If that works then you can try the "for /r ..." line I pasted above and it should do all your movies. If that doesn't work then paste exactly what it says and I'll look into it.

The Wallace & Grommit picture is just one of the movie images that was in an old backdrop pack for Aeon.
I was bored tonight so I added folder support to the script (new version is in the OP). If you put a folder as an input it'll recursively scan the folder for you... handy for Windows users since the Windows shell is useless, hehe.
EDIT:

I did this instead: python tog.py -force SD 5.1 '/Volumes/RAID_1TB/SD/Movies/Batman - The Dark Knight/thecrown-knight.iso'

- added the two ' signs, and now it works but, I get an error about the missing SD image:

Doing overlays for /Volumes/RAID_1TB/SD/Movies/Batman - The Dark Knight/thecrown-knight.iso
WARN: Couldn't find /Users/martin/Downloads/tog/images/SD.png skipping video overlay

So what command should I execute, to set it to SD (which means no overlay)?

/Martin

-----

midgetspy

Thanks for this !

I hope I can get it to work. I'm on Mac, OS X 10.5.5.

I have installed ffmpeg, python and ImageMagick.

When I run this line in my Terminal:

python tog.py -force SD 5.1 /Volumes/RAID_1TB/SD/Movies/Batman - The Dark Knight/thecrown-knight.iso

I get this error:

Syntax: python tog.py <-scan|-revert> [file/folder list]
python tog.py -force <1080p|720p|SD> <7.1|5.1|stereo|mono> <filename>

I can't see what's wrong with my syntax?

Hope you can help Smile
Martin
I never created an image for SD or stereo, since I assume a movie is SD/stereo unless there is an overlay icon on it that says differently. If you want to have an SD overlay, just open up one of the other images (like 5.1), erase the text on it and write SD and save it as /Users/martin/Downloads/tog/images/SD.png (you can do that in any paint program). Then it'll use that image for your overlay.
Thanks for the reply midgetspy Smile

I have made some logo's for your script. I hope it's OK that I post them here, so others can use them if they like.

I'm not a designer, so others can probably make some nicer ones, but they are OK for my setup.

PS. I recommend that you edit the tog.py file, to make the overlays bigger, if you use these icons. Change: LOGO_RATIO = 1024.0/1024.0 and IMG_HEIGHT = 0.15 at the beginning of the file.

Image Image Image Image Image

Regards
Martin
PS. I can only post 6 images at a time, so here are the last 3:

Image Image Image

Oh, and if you have any good ideas, what text I can put under "SD", please let me know Smile
Yeah you're definitely welcome to post image packs... I made mine in like 5 minutes so they can definitely be improved on, heh. It looks like those would have to be really large to be able to see the small grey text though, have you tried them out? I guess it'd depend on your skin too.

You could always put "480p" under SD... that isn't technically correct for all SD content but it's generally the case (for me, at least). Also FYI stereo/mono doesn't have a .1 (no sub channel), it's just 2ch or 1ch.
midgetspy Wrote:Yeah you're definitely welcome to post image packs... I made mine in like 5 minutes so they can definitely be improved on, heh. It looks like those would have to be really large to be able to see the small grey text though, have you tried them out? I guess it'd depend on your skin too.

You could always put "480p" under SD... that isn't technically correct for all SD content but it's generally the case (for me, at least). Also FYI stereo/mono doesn't have a .1 (no sub channel), it's just 2ch or 1ch.

I have updated the SD, stereo and mono images with some new ones.

I removed the .1 channel stuff as you suggested and I added 480p/576i to the SD picture (I'm from PAL country) Smile

Regarding size, I think it works fine if you change the sizes in the .py file. I have previewed one and to me it looks just as readable as the default images I have replaced.

I need to test it on my 1080p plasma first though Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnail Overlay Generator - makeshift HD video flagging script0