• 4(current)
Thumbnail Overlay Generator - makeshift HD video flagging script
midgetspy Wrote:It's another formatting difference in your ffmpeg compared to mine. I updated the regex again: http://nic.wolfeden.ca/tog/tog.py

Thanks again midgetspy!

And this updated tog.py works for both sd and hd? Smile

I'll test it right away.
Well it should, but to be honest I never tested it, heh. It works in my brain's python interpreter so we'll see ;-P Consider that file to be a 0.3.3 beta, lol. Once I know that everything else still works properly I'll update the zip with an actual 0.3.3 release later.
midgetspy Wrote:Well it should, but to be honest I never tested it, heh. It works in my brain's python interpreter so we'll see ;-P Consider that file to be a 0.3.3 beta, lol. Once I know that everything else still works properly I'll update the zip with an actual 0.3.3 release later.

Well, it seems like it's working perfectly now!

You're brain compiler must be well built Big Grin
midgetspy

I have tried to redesign my logo's a little.

I have changed the font to the "official" HD logo font,
I have made it much larger
and I have changed the color of the sub-text to almost white (a little more grey than the main text)

Is this easier to see on your display you think?

Let me know Smile

1080p logo, new version:
I think I could see the HD text no problem but the 1080p part would be quite tiny unless I made the overlays much larger. I'll maybe try a few on my actual display instead of my PC monitor when I get home, but I think they will probably be too small.
midgetspy Wrote:I think I could see the HD text no problem but the 1080p part would be quite tiny unless I made the overlays much larger. I'll maybe try a few on my actual display instead of my PC monitor when I get home, but I think they will probably be too small.

OK, try them out and let me know... and maybe try to set the size to 0.15 in your own py file, and ratio 1024x1024.
OK, I have changed the overlay icon design again.

I have added transparency to the overlay thumb, so it feels more like an actual "overlay".

I have a 60" 1080p plasma and I can read the text on the icons now, with size 0.15. If you use it on a smaller screen try with 0.17, 0.19 or similar.

Here is a 1080p screenshot from Plex, witht the overlays added:
Just want to reiterate that this script is phenomenal. I just put in your 0.3.3 version, and love the folder scanning. It took me a while to get it working again though, but once i got the paths right, all works.

A side request to the guy who made the nice images 2 pages back, could you make the rest of the icons like your re-done HD 1080 one? on my 46" sharp auqos the 720 and other words are a tiny bity small....SD/HD and 5.1, etc are fine, but the text under is a little small. Your revised HD/1080p one is perfect sized. FYI, I did a .17 image height

For anyone using windows, here is my first few lines for path that might help:

Quote:FFMPEG_PATH = 'D:'
FFMPEG_PROCESS = 'ffmpeg.EXE'
IMAGEMAGICK_PATH = 'D:\ImageMagick\ImageMagick-6.4.5-Q16'
IMAGEMAGICK_IDENTIFY_PROCESS = 'identify.exe'
IMAGEMAGICK_COMPOSITE_PROCESS = 'composite.exe'
AUTOSCAN_EXTENSIONS = ('.mkv', '.avi')
DEBUG = 0

Note to author of the script. Using "D:" and sticking the ffmpeg.exe file there was the only way i could get the script to work, when I stuck it in "D:\tog" or "D:\ffmpeg" and used those paths, it returned an error. I'm fine with having the exe in my root of D: though. THANKS!!!
Evanrich

I will re-do all the icons and post them here, asap.

/Martin Smile
Here are the completed icons.

They all have larger font size, some new text, brighter sub-text color, the "HD" font, and added transparency (so they look like an overlay).

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
I'm glad you've found it useful Evanrich. I know I couldn't go back to XBMC without it, hehe!

Evanrich Wrote:Note to author of the script. Using "D:" and sticking the ffmpeg.exe file there was the only way i could get the script to work, when I stuck it in "D:\tog" or "D:\ffmpeg" and used those paths, it returned an error. I'm fine with having the exe in my root of D: though. THANKS!!!

Turn on debug (DEBUG=1) and try it and paste the error and I'll see if it's as easy fix. Also maybe I'll separate the config to a different file so you guys don't have to fix it every new version.
ok, set debug = 1 and still just got this:

Quote:D:\tog>convert

D:\tog>C:\python26\python.exe d:\tog\tog.py -scan "h:\movies"
ERROR: unable to find ffmpeg. Verify that it's installed and that FFMPEG_PATH is
set correctly.
Quitting...

D:\tog>

thats with path set to "d:\ffmpeg" If I go back to D:, it works...not really a big deal for me, as it works great with D: Smile

Ayla, Thank you so much!
love this addon Smile

what about the idea of adding some overlay for multitrack movies/shows? ill bet we have a lot of different users from all around the world which have there movies with different language tracks ... would be nice to see the availible languages too? am i the only one? edit: okay i noticed the ffmpeg output doesnt provide the needed info for that ... so nevermind.

edit : i tried it but it seems it doesnt get the ffmpeg output parsed correctly :

Code:
Doing overlays for  F:\new\Ong-bak\Ong-bak.2003.DL.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.mkv
DEBUG: Command string: ('C:\\programme\\ffmpeg\\ffmpeg.exe', '-i', 'F:\\new\\Ong-bak\\Ong-bak.2003.DL.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.mkv')
DEBUG: ffmpeg output: ['FFmpeg version SVN-r15815, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.\r', '  configuration: --enable-memalign-hack --enable-postproc --enable-swscale --enable-gpl --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --disable-ffserver --disable-vhook --enable-avisynth --enable-pthreads\r', '  libavutil     49.12. 0 / 49.12. 0\r', '  libavcodec    52. 3. 0 / 52. 3. 0\r', '  libavformat   52.23. 1 / 52.23. 1\r', '  libavdevice   52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0\r', '  libswscale     0. 6. 1 /  0. 6. 1\r', '  libpostproc   51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0\r', '  built on Nov 13 2008 10:28:29, gcc: 4.2.4 (TDM-1 for MinGW)\r', "Input #0, matroska, from 'F:\\new\\Ong-bak\\Ong-bak.2003.DL.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.mkv':\r", '  Duration: 01:44:52.29, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A\r', '    Stream #0.0(tha): Video: h264, yuv420p, 1280x692, 24.00 tb(r)\r', '    Stream #0.1(ger): Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16\r', '    Stream #0.2(tha): Audio: dca, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16\r', '    Stream #0.3(eng): Subtitle: 0x0000\r', 'Must supply at least one output file\r', '']
DEBUG: INFO: Scanned F:\new\Ong-bak\Ong-bak.2003.DL.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.mkv got None
ERROR: unable to scan F:\new\Ong-bak\Ong-bak.2003.DL.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.mkv with ffmpeg
Successfully created overlays on 0 of 1 thumbnails (1 failures)
the stream info is there, but somehow it doesn't get parsed, since im a noob in python im not sure where the problem is .. maybe a wrong ffmpeg output due to a svn change?

any help is appreciated ...

mason
mason Wrote:love this addon Smile

what about the idea of adding some overlay for multitrack movies/shows? ill bet we have a lot of different users from all around the world which have there movies with different language tracks ... would be nice to see the availible languages too? am i the only one? edit: okay i noticed the ffmpeg output doesnt provide the needed info for that ... so nevermind.

edit : i tried it but it seems it doesnt get the ffmpeg output parsed correctly :

Code:
Doing overlays for  F:\new\Ong-bak\Ong-bak.2003.DL.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.mkv
DEBUG: Command string: ('C:\\programme\\ffmpeg\\ffmpeg.exe', '-i', 'F:\\new\\Ong-bak\\Ong-bak.2003.DL.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.mkv')
DEBUG: ffmpeg output: ['FFmpeg version SVN-r15815, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.\r', '  configuration: --enable-memalign-hack --enable-postproc --enable-swscale --enable-gpl --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --disable-ffserver --disable-vhook --enable-avisynth --enable-pthreads\r', '  libavutil     49.12. 0 / 49.12. 0\r', '  libavcodec    52. 3. 0 / 52. 3. 0\r', '  libavformat   52.23. 1 / 52.23. 1\r', '  libavdevice   52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0\r', '  libswscale     0. 6. 1 /  0. 6. 1\r', '  libpostproc   51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0\r', '  built on Nov 13 2008 10:28:29, gcc: 4.2.4 (TDM-1 for MinGW)\r', "Input #0, matroska, from 'F:\\new\\Ong-bak\\Ong-bak.2003.DL.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.mkv':\r", '  Duration: 01:44:52.29, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A\r', '    Stream #0.0(tha): Video: h264, yuv420p, 1280x692, 24.00 tb(r)\r', '    Stream #0.1(ger): Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16\r', '    Stream #0.2(tha): Audio: dca, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16\r', '    Stream #0.3(eng): Subtitle: 0x0000\r', 'Must supply at least one output file\r', '']
DEBUG: INFO: Scanned F:\new\Ong-bak\Ong-bak.2003.DL.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.mkv got None
ERROR: unable to scan F:\new\Ong-bak\Ong-bak.2003.DL.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.mkv with ffmpeg
Successfully created overlays on 0 of 1 thumbnails (1 failures)
the stream info is there, but somehow it doesn't get parsed, since im a noob in python im not sure where the problem is .. maybe a wrong ffmpeg output due to a svn change?

any help is appreciated ...

mason

Are you using the 0.3.2 in the OP or the updated beta I posted earlier? If you're using the OP version, try this file instead:

http://nic.wolfeden.ca/tog/tog.py
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnail Overlay Generator - makeshift HD video flagging script0