SMB/uPNP Fail to connect on first attempt?
Hey, all...

Awesome work porting XBMC to these platforms! My audio/video/image setup at home has been transformed!

I'm running Beta 2 on Vista Ultimate SP1. I've added a source to XBMC under the video section that is a uPNP server (Twonkey) on my network. The first time I try to connect XBMC seems to be not able to find the server. If I try again immediately, it connects and everything is perfectly fine. I see similar issues with SMB shares too...

Question: Is this a Vista thing? Have I got an XBMC configuration issue? Am I the only one to see this behaviour?

I did a search but didn't find much. If there is a thread out there, please point me in the correct direction. I'm not aware of any network issues outside of XBMC that might cause this.

Thanx!
Go into settings/network and turn on autostart upnp client. (the client doesn't start until first access)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:Go into settings/network and turn on autostart upnp client. (the client doesn't start until first access)

Many thanx!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB/uPNP Fail to connect on first attempt?0