• 5(current)
XBMC Connected - Skin Release Thread
Absolutely fabulous skin! I'm deeply impressed! Big Grin
I'm using it since a couple of days and I guess I'll never change it again.

But, of course there is something left to improve (my opinion, maybe its intentional the way it is):
I miss the clock. Rolleyes
I'm missing it the most when viewing a movie. In other skins, when I show up the info (with the status bar etc.) there is also the actual time displayed. I really got used to having a look at the clock this way instead of grabbing my phone from the desk or switching on the lights an having a look at the wall clock.
Could this be implemented, please? At least in the movie info or better, in all of the navigational screens too. Maybe you could add an option to the settings menu where the user could switch the clock on or off.

One question about the displayed pictures (the "flying polaroids"): where do they come from? I often see pics I've never seen before and I just can't say, what film they should belong to. Are they probably grabbed from some server?
wir3d Wrote:what resolution are you referring to needing larger fonts?
720p 16:9 (ntsc)
BaerMan Wrote:But, of course there is something left to improve (my opinion, maybe its intentional the way it is):
I miss the clock. Rolleyes

Time has been added during full video when the info is pressed.
It's in SVN now (revision: 1921).

It was intentional to keep inline with the original Connected design however there is always room for improvements. Smile

BaerMan Wrote:One question about the displayed pictures (the "flying polaroids"): where do they come from? I often see pics I've never seen before and I just can't say, what film they should belong to. Are they probably grabbed from some server?
The current images are ones I include with the skin. Eventually I would like to grab images from the users profiles but the current structure makes it impossible. That's why it's still beta Wink

On a side note, I plan to cleanup the skin settings and add larger fonts then I will post another built version.
So far so good.

As you stated it would be better to grad user folder for artwork, I have a piple of it, and I rather use what I have.

Biggst issues for me:

Navigation

Here's what I see as wrong and takes forever to move abount

Video -> Movies, TV Show etc.

To get to genre you have to go into Video -> Movies, hit back to get into genre

Same happens in music

What needs to be is:

Video -> Movies, Movies - Genre, and then TV SHows
Music -> Music - Genre - etc

All this back tracking makes it had to explain to the wife and other users.

I really do like it so far, I wish the fanart mode in movies should the fanart, all I get right now is that red background Tongue
warwon Wrote:As you stated it would be better to grad user folder for artwork, I have a piple of it, and I rather use what I have.

I'm working on some other options like letting the user add their own artwork.

warwon Wrote:All this back tracking makes it had to explain to the wife and other users.

Did you try to disable the submenus? Then Videos and Music should act the same as PMIII.
It might be possible to add another option to the submenu for Genres. I'll have to think about that...

warwon Wrote:I really do like it so far, I wish the fanart mode in movies should the fanart, all I get right now is that red background Tongue

Fanart works for all views that are followed by (fanart). You might have to refresh your fanart and then reboot to see them.
When I disabled the submenus option.

It just dumbs to all music, or all videos, and I have to use the back option again to get back to genre.

Media Stream has a genre option from the sub-menu
Revision 1938 posted on main post.

Cleaned up fonts expecially for higher resolutions
A ton of language updates for easier integration of other languages
Settings options have been cleaned up
New Screen Calibration Images

New skin options including:
-Show Time During Now Playing Info (music and video)
-Enable Full Background Video
-Enable Full Background Visualisation
-Enable Info Text In Certain Media Views (mainly fanart views)
-Enable Scroll Bars In Windows or Dialogs

Let me know if you see any problems.
warwon Wrote:When I disabled the submenus option.

It just dumbs to all music, or all videos, and I have to use the back option again to get back to genre.

Media Stream has a genre option from the sub-menu

I'm still not sure what exactly you are looking for.
Does PMII Videos and Music do what you are looking for?
Would a link directly to Genres fix your problem?
Yup in the basic sense.

It's just you choose video options, you end up in all-movies, or tv shows.

Once you in movies then you have use the back key to get genres.

I would think most people would use genres more then anything, I have over a thousand movies and don't like seeing them all at once, hard to find stuff.

So yes to the question direct links from the sub menu for music-genre, and video-genre would solve the issue Smile
warwon,
Revision 1940 is in SVN and should fix your problem when the submenus are disabled.
I'll think about adding category links at some point.
added swedish translation Smile
Revision 1943 posted!
Fixed problem where it wouldn't remember last window opened (warwon).
Swedish translation (Thanks Blittan!).
New skin options to set Selection Image paths.

You will probably notice the skin pack is allot smaller in size now.
I removed the default selection images and made it a seperate pack.
You can now use your own custom images by placing them into folders and setting the folder paths under Settings -> Skin Options -> Home.

I would suggest keeping the imags around 300x300 pixels to avoid any memory issues.
Feel free to post links to any packs you make!

Let me know if you see any issues.
Love the fixes:

Video:

1. Videos now gives me the options of movies, tv shows etc.
2. If I select movies, I can choose genre, which is perfect
3. Fanart is now working it takes about 2-4 second before it appears
4. Custom artwork for video is great

Music: Same as above, now I can go into the music selection and either select genre or shoutcast (which is perfect), also the art work works good to my custom folder.

Photo - custom art works good too

Further Request (I know sorry)

1. Weather custom fanart like Videos, Photos, and music option

2. I see there's a script option, but in other skins Weather shows on the main screen with the time, is this a script only option or are you planning on having it on the main screen?

So far I'm very pleased with the update thanks!

last thing -

I been asking about this before on other skins is there a reason why xbmc doesn't have genre based icons?

Like for Fantasy it should have a fantasy based icon, horror etc..

?
warwon Wrote:1. Weather custom fanart like Videos, Photos, and music option
I'll think about adding this.

warwon Wrote:2. I see there's a script option, but in other skins Weather shows on the main screen with the time, is this a script only option or are you planning on having it on the main screen?
When you you set the script a new button is displayed in Weather.
I use this for a radar script.

warwon Wrote:I been asking about this before on other skins is there a reason why xbmc doesn't have genre based icons?

Like for Fantasy it should have a fantasy based icon, horror etc..
This would be an XBMC feature request.
So I used this skin for the past few days, and it's been going great.

Thanks for clearing up the weather script confusion, I would still prefer seeing the Temp on the main screen; anyways it's up to you if you decide or not Smile

The thing I noticed is a bit strange is the photo flip display for Photo’s seems to be very un-random.

I have about 30+ pictures, one picture is of Jim Carey, and the other is Gandalf and it keeps repeating those pictures, it gets funny seeing Jim Carey 10 times before it finally shows the next picture.

It does cycle through them all for pictures but it's very picky and seems to focus on the first pictures in the folder (I might be crazy on this one).

But over all it's a very good skin, the other thing I noticed is that while using this skin I can't get the music library to update unless I force it from the file view.

I tested PHIII and when XBMC start it scanned for the new item I placed in the music folder, I let it scan it into the library, then shut down removed it, start up and load the connect skin, tried the same thing, and it didn't add the new music, which I thought was add.

I also tried adding another few tracks to the local drive not a network share, same issue.

Shrugs might be somthing on my end but the other skins are load, XBMC loads it just fine.

Another plus it loads fast, love the startup music, its fast, and the fanart view is nice.

My is getting used to it, and seems to be able to use a lot easier then other skins.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Connected - Skin Release Thread2