• 13(current)
XBMC Connected - Skin Release Thread
zeltak do you have any IM or use IRC at all?
Sure have them both Smile

ill PM you my MSN or i can meet you on IRC Smile

btw ive noticed that quite a few skins (aeon,serenity, the operation and even mediastream have support for fanart in the "file mode", so maybe its a simple setting thing but im really guessing here Smile

Thx again for all your effort and help Smile

Zeltak
Wir3d Wrote:Thank you for the kind words zeltak. I too still use SD in some rooms Smile

First things first, you need to get into settings by pressing right on the main page (home).
A menu should come up where you can select settings.

From there select Skin Settings.
In Skin settings you can change the skins background.

Hi Wir3d,

Thanks for the great skin. Connected and Focus have battled it out long an hard in our shared flat living room, with Connected coming out victorious. Smile

A skin that works well on the original Xbox is hard to come by these days.

What is the easiest way to get rid of the background altogether? I was thinking of possibly using a plain black image. But is there an official way so that all the backgrounds are blank (black)?

Thanks again.
Keane16 Wrote:Hi Wir3d,

Thanks for the great skin. Connected and Focus have battled it out long an hard in our shared flat living room, with Connected coming out victorious. Smile

A skin that works well on the original Xbox is hard to come by these days.

What is the easiest way to get rid of the background altogether? I was thinking of possibly using a plain black image. But is there an official way so that all the backgrounds are blank (black)?

Thanks again.

Well I'm not in it to win it but thanks for the kind words Smile

It should be possible to create a black image and select it in Skin Settings as the background.
You might even get away with a 1x1 pixel background. Smaller the better.

Let me know if you need more help.
Awesome skin. Everything seems to be pretty well thought out, and functions nicely. The options for the skin settings alone are stellar! I'm not a huge fan of the stock wallpaper/background, but that's just 'cause I'm not a huge pink/purple kind of fan, but I understand the reason for it.

Anyway, yeah, that was pretty much the only complaint I had lol. Tough to find not only great looking skins, but skins that look great in SD as well. Some of us have an old beater hanging around that still wants to play games and movies in SD Smile

Thanks again. Keep up the great work!
I would like to say Big ThankYou for this skin. Ascetic yet stylish, nice submenus and stuff, and for me most important - excellent for good old SD 4:3. I have a question/suggestion: is there (or would be in future?) a way to "schedule" background image change? If I prepare some folder with images suitable as "Connected" backgrounds, could i somehow set options for changing backgrounds from there next start, XX hours/minutes, sequential/random, etc?
In any case - one more time Thank You for "Connected" skin! Nod
Latvian3Dman Wrote:I would like to say Big ThankYou for this skin. Ascetic yet stylish, nice submenus and stuff, and for me most important - excellent for good old SD 4:3. I have a question/suggestion: is there (or would be in future?) a way to "schedule" background image change? If I prepare some folder with images suitable as "Connected" backgrounds, could i somehow set options for changing backgrounds from there next start, XX hours/minutes, sequential/random, etc?

Sure it's possible. I'll try to get it in the next release.
Latvian3Dman Wrote:I would like to say Big ThankYou for this skin. Ascetic yet stylish, nice submenus and stuff, and for me most important - excellent for good old SD 4:3. I have a question/suggestion: is there (or would be in future?) a way to "schedule" background image change? If I prepare some folder with images suitable as "Connected" backgrounds, could i somehow set options for changing backgrounds from there next start, XX hours/minutes, sequential/random, etc?

Coud you share with us those backgrounds?
It will be possible change font color in order to suite different background??

thanks

L.
lupick Wrote:It will be possible change font color in order to suite different background??

thanks

L.

I was planning on adding different colors in the VERY near future Smile
Hi Wir3d

How are you? I have a few more suggestions you may or may not find usefull since it seems you are working on the next version:

1)i would love to have a special entry in the home menu for library mode (similar to media stream videos). i mainly use the browsing mode and its a bit of a hassle to press the video button>scroll all the way down and choose files each time Smile

2)could there be an option to "map" the right button to open the categories (videos,pictures etc..) in the home screen instead of bringing the settings dialogue?

I have a few more suggestions but i dont want to bother you to much Smile

thank you again for all your hard work..its greatly appreciated (especially with the wife who loves the skin ;-)...)

Zeltak
Lupick:
what i meant with backgrounds, that was not about specificaly created ones for this skin, i meant simply various pictures and artworks from around the Internet that more or less looks good as this skins background. I partticulary like sci-fi and fantasy artworks, for example.
zeltak Wrote:Hi Wir3d

How are you? I have a few more suggestions you may or may not find usefull since it seems you are working on the next version:

1)i would love to have a special entry in the home menu for library mode (similar to media stream videos). i mainly use the browsing mode and its a bit of a hassle to press the video button>scroll all the way down and choose files each time Smile

2)could there be an option to "map" the right button to open the categories (videos,pictures etc..) in the home screen instead of bringing the settings dialogue?

I have a few more suggestions but i dont want to bother you to much Smile

thank you again for all your hard work..its greatly appreciated (especially with the wife who loves the skin ;-)...)

Zeltak

Hi Zeltak,
Yes I'm still working on the next revision but as usual life and work are getting in the way No

You know instead of scrolling down you can scroll up to get to files.
Another option is to disable the Videos submenu in Skin settings.

It is possible to map the right key to access submenus but how would you access settings?
Thx I like it.. Very clean looking. I see it has a reddish background. Is there downloads that can change it?
There is an update comeing VERY soon (hopefully this weekend).
I've just been very busy with work.
Look forward to checking it out.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Connected - Skin Release Thread2