DHCP server
what about including a simple dhcp server in xbmc? this would be great for those only connecting the xbox to a computer once in a while for uploading stuff. it is annoying having to change the network settings on my laptop everytime i'm uploading some movies to my xbox.
if you're using windows xp, you can set a separate ip configuration to use if there's no dhcp server available. that way, when your system is plugged into your router (presumably you're a dsl or cable modem user), it gets a dhcp address and works fine, and if it's connected to the xbox, it won't get a dhcp address, and it'll fall back to your static ip settings.

if you're using windows 2000, you can't specifically alter the static ip settings, but windows 2000 will always default to a specific ip range (it's like 65.248.*.*, i think). set your xbox to match that, with a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0, and you'll have the same effect.

if you're using windows 98 or windows me, then may god have mercy on your soul.
if you use win95/98/me ther are some free dhcp server you can install.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DHCP server0