How can I make a liveusb from Windows?
Hi there!

I really want to try XBMC but I dont currently have a burner near me. So is there a way to make a liveusb from Windows XP?

I tried it with unetbootin (Or what is it called) and it booted everything up to the xbmc live booting screen then it just had a blinking _.

Is that an issue with my pc or did unet not do the job correctly?

I also have Dreamlinux installed.
program is flashboot - try to find it in www
My usb drive is already bootable. And Im sure UNET did its job in making sure it was.
So if u so smart and didn`t download and start soft from my advice - i think u don`t need any advices.
Hi there,

I'm sorry I didnt mean to be mean. So I tried the Flashboot and it had the same _ problem. Did it work for you?

thanks!
Yes for me it works fine.
I trashed old hdd and now i use USBflash
So just to make it straight.
You go to flashboot then you click on "Create bootable flash disk as a compy of bootable CD-ROM disk (*).

Then you load the ISO file.
Then make bootable USB Flash disk which is physicallly present on the PC.
Then Partitioned disk (USB-HDD boot mode)

I do all that and it says when I boot it up "Can't find Kernel Linux"

Thanks for you help!
Yes i used this way - and it works

sorry, but i`m no so good in linux - may be u have usb flash with additional (for example kingston u3) software and partitioning?
Ok, I'm not sure how exactly to go about doing this, can someone give take a moment and explain to me how this is done. I have a 4gb stick, I have the flashboot, I downloaded the latest xbmc live image.

Which option is selected in Flashboot?
Is it Create bootable flash disk as a a copy of bootable CD-ROM disk

How do I exactly copy the XBMC image to the stick?

Do I mount the iso, and then just copy the files over to the usb device?

Is there anything else that I am supposed to configure on the thumb drive?
Advice on Hardware
PC-LUXA2 CPU-AMD Phenom II X6 1100T RAM-12GB Video Card-AMD Radeon HD 6800
OS-Win7 32bit - Kodi - 14.0 Helix SKIN - Aeon MQ 5 Keyboard - DiNovo Mini

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
Well according to BAG_ASS the whole flashboot thing should work, however it has not worked for me.

This is how you do it:

You go to flashboot then you click on "Create bootable flash disk as a compy of bootable CD-ROM disk (*).

Then you load the ISO file.
Then make bootable USB Flash disk which is physicallly present on the PC.
Then Partitioned disk (USB-HDD boot mode)

I do all that and it says when I boot it up "Can't find Kernel Linux"

Tell me how it goes, oh and "Semper Fi"
Question 
Ok I got it on the thumb drive without error. I used the XMBCLive Iso, then when I booted up with the thumb drive all I got was a cursor blinking. I didn't go any farther than that. Any ideas?
Advice on Hardware

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
Ya thats exactly what happened to me one time...

I guess there isn't anything we can do.
Well I got a little farther. I was able to install, but I had to change the computer I did the installation on. My laptop has a Radeonx1200 card in it, and the computer that I was able to do the install from has a nvidia9400 card in it.

My question though is when I boot up via the thumb drive, it comes up as if I am still booting off the live cd. Is there another step to configure it to just boot up without that?
Advice on Hardware

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
OH! how did you get past that?

"My question though is when I boot up via the thumb drive, it comes up as if I am still booting off the live cd. Is there another step to configure it to just boot up without that?"

Did you install the to the jump drive via the install to jump drive in the grub?
miketowninc Wrote:Did you install the to the jump drive via the install to jump drive in the grub?

I am not sure I understand what your saying, do you mean thumb drive? If so, all I did was install the live cd, selected 0 pressed enter and that was it.

I noticed that it took at least 5 minutes for it to do something. ( I say 5 minutes because that was about how long it took me to make some coffee) when I came back I could see it loading.
Advice on Hardware

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I make a liveusb from Windows?1