Ubuntu 8.10 +780G ATI HD3200 screen messed up
I have now downgraded the drivers to the 8.543. But now I cant see the 8.552 you talked about...?

/Söder
Gurney Wrote:Hi guys,

My 2 cents : with the new fglrx package in the intrepid-proposed update repository (check the box in the sources manager), no need to sudo xbmc anymore.

Can you please say what drivers you have?
When we spoke last time, I had tried to manuall update to 8.552 but failed. Then I reinstalled the 8.543, but in some way still ha the 8.552..

I then downgraded to the orginal 8.543, and have done that a few times =(.

NOW, I still cant se the 8.552 to download in Ubuntu 8.10.
I have a totaly redone xorg.conf and amdpcsdb, with only added string for my underscan, and my xbmc still is fucked up without sudo in full screen.

And xbmc.bin is still ~30 % (not 100 % like before) and xorg ~30% when idle.

What can be wrong?

/Söder
Well, I can now confirme that the 8,552 drivers work. Yesterday I fount out that there was a version of XMBC build for 8.10, and I tried to download that. I also saw that it now was possible to install the 8.552 the way told here in this thread before.

No more green screen for me.
And also no more tearings..

BUT, the videos very oft jump, like "dropps". Dont know why...

/Söder
nvm...Tongue
Stacked before you do that try finding someone else with that AMD CPU who can run without dropping frames. IMO you might be better off with an Intel CPU unless you can find someone already doing it with that one. Maybe an Asus P5N7A-VM and C2D of appropriate speed?
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
BLKMGK Wrote:Stacked before you do that try finding someone else with that AMD CPU who can run without dropping frames. IMO you might be better off with an Intel CPU unless you can find someone already doing it with that one. Maybe an Asus P5N7A-VM and C2D of appropriate speed?

I found what I was looking for...Big Grin
You realize that they are all talking about running that on Windows right? No one seems to be giving bitrate specs either so YMMV. Killa' sample may not run smoothly (I'd be interested in hearing) but it's arguable as to whether or not that's representative. <shrug> GL!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
soder Wrote:Well, I can now confirme that the 8,552 drivers work. Yesterday I fount out that there was a version of XBMC build for 8.10, and I tried to download that. I also saw that it now was possible to install the 8.552 the way told here in this thread before.

No more green screen for me.
And also no more tearings..

BUT, the videos very oft jump, like "dropps". Dont know why...

/Söder

I still have this droppes with the 8.552 driver in Ubuntu. Newer version make all videos go "like in slow motion"....

Someone else with the same problem as me?

/Söder
I fixed the slow motion thing. I had vsync on in both cccp and xbmc. Now I have "disabled" in XBMC.
And the new Catalys 9.1 took my droppes away.

/Söder
Question for those with a 780g board: Does suspend/resume work for you? For me it's a matter of luck, if the graphics are coming back after resume... :-(
Soder,

I also had luck getting the same setup working by setting vsync to enabled in cccp and disabling in xbmc. Does this remove any overhead by turning off vsync in xbmc? Just wondering...
NEI Wrote:Question for those with a 780g board: Does suspend/resume work for you? For me it's a matter of luck, if the graphics are coming back after resume... :-(

I will say yes. Doesnt always work with my remote to wake up, somehing has happend there, but except that, I would say it works...

/Söder
Quote:I will say yes.

Do you have a dual screen setup, I think this could be my problem...
NEI Wrote:Do you have a dual screen setup, I think this could be my problem...

No I havnt.

/Söder
I tried installing the latest drivers from ATI but that makes xbmc hang at the start up screen...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu 8.10 +780G ATI HD3200 screen messed up1