XviD 1.x.x bug; Loads of early/late/skipped frames
maybe it would fix the qpel bug in ffmpeg..
sigh... unless somebody can prove it, i still don't believe there is a qpel bug in ffmpeg...

secondly, there was bug that people thought was qpel related, but wasn't a while back and that fix should already be in cvs.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i'l connect xbox to pc tonight and capture screenshots.. it is mainly visible in very dark scenes, and only on xvids. if i re-encode as mpeg 2 video appears correctly.
you could be bumping into the hq pixelshader issue.. it has some more ringing than overlays.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i'm using overlays and image is better than pixel shader, however it's still wierd on xvids in dark scenes (get get loads of small green squares instead of a gradient).. i'l try get some screenshots tonight and post them, will also try to re-encode xvid to an xvid without qpel and see what happens.. thanks for the help.

mark
using hardware overlays or hqps, in dark scenes or whatever with low / high motion i dont see any colour artificating happening with green squares. this is over xvids with and without qpel.

im running 1080i upscaling on a cvs build from today, may 20.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XviD 1.x.x bug; Loads of early/late/skipped frames0