Interactive TV-Guide (Python XMLTV)
ktd: dont worry i found it thanks.
does anyone use digiguide ? - i noticed on their beta site that version 8.1 now offers a web interface... just wondering if this could be used as a source of data instead of xmltv ??
(jj5768 @ oct. 14 2004,21:40 Wrote:does anyone use digiguide ? - i noticed on their beta site that version 8.1 now offers a web interface... just wondering if this could be used as a source of data instead of xmltv ??
same question for vodio (http://www.vodio.com)... use it to record tv programs and watch it through xbmc through windows share. however would love to see xbmc integration through their site.. i guess python would be the key here..
they also have a web interface and a web program guide.
i miss the tv guide from xbmp (but not enough to go back and use it again :p ). i've had a little search around on here and noticed a few threads of python scripts to do with tv listings, but wasn't too sure about what they did.

i just want the same functionality as the old xbmp listings guide had - that is it picks up an existing xmltv file and parses it into a nice format.

i already have a schedule running on a server in the house that gets the tv listings, i just need to be able to view them.

which script do i need to download?
i haven't used this one myself but it looks like that it fits you needs. get the script from: http://www.based.com/xmltvdaemon/

i dislike the fact that you need a seperate scipt on you server to fetch the xml file. would be nice if the script itself could do that. anyway the one stated above is proberbly what your looking for.

if you need an alternative check:
http://dwl.xboxmediacenter.de/
(san @ nov. 09 2004,09:32 Wrote:i haven't used this one myself but it looks like that it fits you needs. get the script from: http://www.based.com/xmltvdaemon/

i dislike the fact that you need a seperate scipt on you server to fetch the xml file. would be nice if the script itself could do that. anyway the one stated above is proberbly what your looking for.

if you need an alternative check:
http://dwl.xboxmediacenter.de/
my guess is that it's this script he is looking for.

interactive tv-guide using listing.xml v0.3
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
thanks guys, i shall give this a try
(smouge @ sep. 04 2004,14:38 Wrote:the reason it was working was because i had run aqtbrowser before trying tv.guide. and guss what.. aqtbrowser also uses urllib. so it ssems if you run aqtbrowser first, it loads correctly the urllib. if after that you load tv.guide, it will run successfully.

however if you run tv.guide as the first thing after rebooting, tv-guide doesn't run.
i found the same thing happening to me, your code change worked a treat! :bowdown:

now its working, i think i have found a bug.
when viewing the listing scrolling to the side to view ahead or back again, if i scroll too fast the listings dissapear and im left with the background, times at the top and the channel names.
however it seems to just be a glitch in the display because when i press a i still get the program details for whatever is (meant be displayed) in that position.

has anyone else found this to be a problem?

i am using xmltv to produce my listings for at least a week at a time but i have since tried with smaller 2 day files (139k, uk terestrial channels a nd a few radio stations) and the same still happens

this is a great script, although it seems to download the listings every time eventhough the server copy and the one on the xbox are the same (can't read the file size from the web server it seems) but using the smaller file as above this only takes 10 seconds now :thumbsup:
with a weeks listing it was taking about a minute

i hope that this post makes sense to somebody

cheers

pete
hey. if anyone cares i found a php xmltv grabber for australian tv. it works really well, and if anyone wants i will run it on my server so everyone has updated aussie tv listings. (it grabs from yahoo)

http://magnetikonline.com/phpxmltv/

problem is, i cannot seem to get this python script to work with the output. i'm probably doing something wrong but if there is an error i dont mind debugging it myself (it will give me a good intro to python).

i cant seem to work out how to get access to the console text output on the xbox. sorry if this has been answered a million times but i couldnt find it.

any help would be appreciated.

elliot
@pedropolis

where abouts are you getting the listing.xml for uk channels? any info would be appreciated
hmmm, this script seems to get stuck on 'sorting' the listing... even
tho i have sorting disabled? anybody else see this?

i haven't had a chance to debug it yet, but after a brief look i can't even find the message dialog it gets stuck on in the source :-(
anyone planning on writing an english how-to guide on this?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
i cant seem to get this script to work. i have manualy put a listing.xml on the xbox that i created with xmltv. i do not have a web server or ftp running on my pc.

when i run the script it just hangs at please wait. is there any way to tell it not to use web/ftp?

i do have smb shares. is there any way to get this script to read the listing.xml from a smb share?

thanks
for all the german people here:
(now in german..)
ich habe ein python script fürs xbmc geschrieben, dass das tv-programm von jetzt, heute und morgen anzeigen kann. dazu ist bei fast jeder sendung noch eine info mit a aufrufbar. es hat zurzeit 25 sender.
holt es euch auf www.xbmc.de !
viel spass,
me.mod
nice script.

just wish that there was a mythtv clone for windows (i know of mediaportal - i mean one that works with xbmc)
then i would have ultimate control over my xbox and entertainment.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Interactive TV-Guide (Python XMLTV)0