Video Source Question
I have been testing out replacements to the longtime PMIII. So far I like media source the best - but i have a question.

In this skin (and many others) there is a separate TV shows and Movies listing. If i do not want to use library mode is there anyway to set different sources for each one? If not is this a limitation of the skin or of XBMC?
There are options in the skin to hide the movies and tv shows items on the Home screen.

If you wanted to keep them and point them somewhere else then you'd need to look at the code in the Home.xml file (it's not a simple change)
skunkm0nkee Wrote:There are options in the skin to hide the movies and tv shows items on the Home screen.

If you wanted to keep them and point them somewhere else then you'd need to look at the code in the Home.xml file (it's not a simple change)

Ah..so it might be possible to have the two areas (tv and movies) using different sources? Hrm.... might have to see what i can do.....
Ok been playing around with is and there was something in the PMIII thread that works great for that skin... but i cannot get it to work in mediastream.

On the menu items i want to alter in PMIII i simply change the onclick function in the home.xml as below:

<onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(myvideofiles,TV Shows)</onclick>

The "myvideofiles" can be "myvideolibrary" for those that use library view the second item I found must be the same as the share name to work.

But when i change the Mediastream home.xml entry to this:

<item id="2">
<description>Movies Button</description>
<label> $LOCALIZE[31111] </label>
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(myvideofiles,Movies)</onclick>
</item>

Nothing changes. Any insight?

**EDIT**

Ok i found it and it works:

<item id="9">
<description>My Movies Button</description>
<label> $LOCALIZE[31111] </label>
<label2> $LOCALIZE[31011] </label2>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HideMovies)</visible>
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,Movies)</onclick>
</item>
<item id="8">
<description>My TV Shows Button</description>
<label> $LOCALIZE[31008] </label>
<label2> $LOCALIZE[31011] </label2>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HideTVShows)</visible>
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,TV Shows)</onclick>
</item>

Again must make the second item under activatewindow to the name of the share you setup. And in the orig file there is a third option "return" I had to delete it to make it work.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Source Question0