• 8(current)
Focus - Alpha 6c released
while we are at it:

how hard would it be for you to add a fanart view to the music database view?

would love to have a screen similar to your tv-shows database view for the artists - a fanart, a small picture on the left and some descriptive words showing up as like the plot..
cheers,azido :;):
+1 to the music fanart view Smile

Zeltak
This is easily my favourite skin Big Grin
So simple to use and its purrrrty.
Thanks Jeroen!
Looks great! Can't wait for a 4:3 version Smile
Older versions of Focus support 4:3

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Yeah but I'm having some trouble with it - fanart not working in TV library, crashing every time I change something in settings...

Even with all that it's still the best skin by far though Smile
I love the bigger movie poster/thumb in list view in files mode. I'm not much of an xml guru or skinner...could someone point me in the right direction or advise how to make this view the default list view in library mode? Thanks.
Hi Jeroen

Any news on the update? I am waiting patiently Smile

Thx

Again

Zeltak
Here's another vote for this skin. I just tried it for the first time today and I love the look and feel of it. Would love to see an update!
Not much news at the moment I'm afraid. I'll be having some time of in two weeks so things should come together pretty quickly then Smile
Thanks for the continued support despite lacking updates Blush
Any new updates?

I really love this skin, alpha 5b is the best 4:3 skin I've seen so far, but it's not working right with new builds of XBMC. I load the skin, XBMC crashes, I restart XBMC and the skin works, but I can't go to the appearance settings, it just crashes again.

Anyways, great work on the skin and I hope it comes back to life soon.
Thumbs Up 
Just found this when looking for a solution to my bedroom (4:3) htpc solution. Couple of issues with the 4:3 menu, but I am sure people have mentioned it.

I just want to say I liked it so much, I ended up trying it out on my big screen HD HTPC - it's really nice!

One issue I have found is there is no way to quick scan the library, in most skins you can press down and goto an alphabetic scroll. In this skin this operation brings up the view settings, not sure if I am missing anything.
hmm..

actually i still like that skin.

i might look into adding current xbmc functionality to it, if i can get my hands on an unprotected texture file for it.
cheers,azido :;):
It's a great skin. That would be awsome!

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
tripslipfall Wrote:Any new updates?

I really love this skin, alpha 5b is the best 4:3 skin I've seen so far, but it's not working right with new builds of XBMC. I load the skin, XBMC crashes, I restart XBMC and the skin works, but I can't go to the appearance settings, it just crashes again.

Anyways, great work on the skin and I hope it comes back to life soon.

Hi guys, I know I've been missing in action so to speak. Sorry about that. I could bore you with all the details as to why and such, but I won't.
I'm still very interested in xbmc and in the skinning as well, but you know, life happens as they say.

As for updates, I don't think there's a big chance of that happening anytime soon. I have been working on another skin (well, one that changes completely every month or so, don't know if I can refer to it as one skin). But anyway, I kind of lost interest in Focus over time. Not because I don't like it anymore, but because of the work it would require to get it where I would want it to go. In order to do that, a complete rewrite would simply be the best option. I started on Focus with no knowledge of XBMC skinning whatsoever, so that also means it's quite ineffective in terms of coding and design as the knowledge of xbmc's skinning engine grows.

So if I would revisit Focus, it would be by starting over completely. And as the coming months will be a really busy time for me, that's just not realistic at the moment.

All I know is that I will most definitely continue to do skins for XBMC, I just don't know when or how that's going to be.

azido Wrote:hmm..

actually i still like that skin.

i might look into adding current xbmc functionality to it, if i can get my hands on an unprotected texture file for it.

Hey Azido, hit me up on PM. I would like Focus to stay alive so if I can't do it myself I'm sure we can arrange something. So, if you're up to it let me know.

Greetings,
Jeroen
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Focus - Alpha 6c released1