Some skinning questions
that will be really great!!
using any kind of control in any window will let the skinner be free to make a completly new xbmc, not only in the look but also in the functionality.
take all the time that you need but, please, make this become a realty.
cheers. :bowdown:
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
not to put a dampener on your enthusiasm, but i will only implement stuff in code that makes sense and will be useable.

don't expect complete free-range, but any sensible suggestions will be taken into account.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Quote:in fact, one should be able to choose which buttons go on which screens, allowing far more versatile gui development.
i would love to see this in xbmc or maybe a feature to allow skinners to define actions (along with their corresponding ids) in a separate xml file. i'm not much of a coder but i've included an example xml to clarify what i meant below:

Quote:<action>
<id>1</id>
<description>link to my videos</description>
<type>hyperlink</type>
<function>myvideos</function>
</action>

<action>
<id>2</id>
<description>power cycle xbox</description>
<type>command</type>
<function>restart</function>
</action>

<action>
<id>3</id>
<description>run python script</description>
<type>script</type>
<function>q:\scripts\xbmc.py</function>
</action>

the types available and most of the functions would have to be defined and handled within the code, but this method would allow skinners to apply any defined action to a control that supported it.
i don't know if it is feasible, but i would love to have the ability to add custom items to references.xml.

it would make things much easier. Smile
keep in mind that a skinning app is on the horizon.

manually editting .xml files may soon be a thing of the past.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

and that will mean more skins for the greatest xbox dash/application ever developed.
:thumbsup:
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
jmarshall, that sounds great. i'll help if i can. tho, im currently in the midst of updating the music database code to support files that are tagged with more than one genre (and tagged with id3v1 numeric values).

its not finished yet tho its mostly working. i got sent on a business trip and wont be back for a few more days.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some skinning questions0