Always on top -- possibility?
When I start XBMC with EventGhost, often the Windows taskbar is in front of XBMC and I have to alt-tab to make XBMC work. Is there a xml- or command line option to run XBMC with 'always on top' propertiesHuh
i'm afraid not (yet); http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=taskbar
I don't get why this happens as XBMC has an "on top" function and it never ever happens for me on XP or Vista that I see the task bar.
Let's see what are the responses when everyone uses the latest svn build or Atlantis.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i use a workaround to program alt+tab on the remote to switch when it occurs
x5nder Wrote:When I start XBMC with EventGhost, often the Windows taskbar is in front of XBMC and I have to alt-tab to make XBMC work. Is there a xml- or command line option to run XBMC with 'always on top' propertiesHuh

I had this happen to me as well. It would only happen after a reboot, luckily I found a work around that works for me. Under Autostart in EG, the last three actions to process are:

waits 10 seconds
starts XBMC.exe -fs -p
maximize

This is the ONLY thing that worked for me. If I don't put the wait 10 seconds, I get the fracking task bar everytime.
nugentgl Wrote:I had this happen to me as well. It would only happen after a reboot, luckily I found a work around that works for me. Under Autostart in EG, the last three actions to process are:

waits 10 seconds
starts XBMC.exe -fs -p
maximize

This is the ONLY thing that worked for me. If I don't put the wait 10 seconds, I get the fracking task bar everytime.

Will try this, it also solves the problem of XBMC starting too soon with my Harmony and not getting a decent audio-handshake. It would still be nice if the problem got fixed in a future svn, though... MediaPortal's 'always on top'-feature used to work like a charm.
x5nder Wrote:It would still be nice if the problem got fixed in a future svn, though... MediaPortal's 'always on top'-feature used to work like a charm.

Provide a patch and we'll happily review it.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
WiSo Wrote:Provide a patch and we'll happily review it.

Wish I could, but the last time I have programmed _anything_ is about 7 years ago Confused Maybe I should get started again...
Kodi v17 "Krypton" Beta 6 running on Amazon Fire TV (2014) with FLIRC receiver.
How about we just programatically hide the taskbar if the platform is Win32. I can provide a patch since this annoys me as well Smile
Test it out and if it works provide the patch Nod
But please also test the case starting an external script that this works also like expected.
Maybe something like this -> http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/dislog/a....php/c1857 will also help.

Point here is that I would like a solution that works as designed and not a patchwork of different functions were we afterwards loose the overview Wink

The current implementation uses SetForegroundWindow and LockSetForegroundWindow in graphiccontext.cpp, xbmc_pc.cpp and winutils.cpp.
You might want to check if I did any mistake there.
Will do.
konfoo Wrote:will do.

woo hoo!
Sad I am having this same problem, only happened with the latest build Sad
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5326
Thanks konfoo!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Always on top -- possibility?0