• 13(current)
[LINUX] HOW-TO configure Soundgraph iMON VFD/IR Receiver (used by many HTPC chassis)
he created it. yours may be called something different. do you have an lirc directory?

Like I said, find that lirc_imon.c file

Code:
locate lirc_imon.c

noumenon
I do indeed have that file and know where it is...

it's off my home directory in a LIRC folder.
I've gotten a little further after blowing away the system and redoing it from scratch...

But I'm still getting errors....

When I run "sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc-modules-source", I get the following...

--------------------------------------------------
Removing all DKMS Modules
Done.
Adding Module to DKMS build system
Doing initial module build

Error! Build of lirc_imon.ko failed for: 2.6.28-14-generic (x86_64)
Consult the make.log in the build directory
/var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.4a/build/ for more information.
Installing initial module

Error! Could not locate lirc_atiusb.ko for module lirc in the DKMS tree.
You must run a dkms build for kernel 2.6.28-14-generic (x86_64) first.
Done.
--------------------------------------------------

I tried "sudo dkms -m lirc -v 0.8.4a" and still get the same error...

dkms status returns the following:

"lirc, 0.8.4a: added"

What have I done wrong?
If you're using Jaunty, you don't have to compile lirc 0.8.4a from source. It comes included. Once I figured that out, it got a whole lot easier.
ok... so what do I need to do then? Nothing? Like it should just work or something?

More info please... I've been working on this like 4 hours a night for the last 4 nights.

I just want this done.
Well, that depends on what all you've set up. Is the imon driver loaded for the panel? Do you have lirc set up to run using the 2 commands listed in the OP? If yes to both of those, have you set up the lircd.conf file for your remote? if so, you should be able to run 'irw' and see the remote commands on the screen.

PS: A helpful command to get things working for me was 'sudo modprobe lirc_imon'
rgh184 Wrote:Well, that depends on what all you've set up. Is the imon driver loaded for the panel? Do you have lirc set up to run using the 2 commands listed in the OP? If yes to both of those, have you set up the lircd.conf file for your remote? if so, you should be able to run 'irw' and see the remote commands on the screen.

PS: A helpful command to get things working for me was 'sudo modprobe lirc_imon'

I get to this step: "sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc-modules-source" and the whole thing goes to hell in a hand basket.

It wont compile (or whatever it's doing)... I pasted the error message and steps I took to troubleshoot it above.
Youre mising my point: If you are running Jaunty, the version of lirc you are trying to compile is already there by default. (0.8.4a) and you don't need to do anything relating to compiling source code, etc.
Ok... so I can just advance to the next step.

Thank you very much. I appreciate the help.
Ok... getting further...

Quote:T: Bus=03 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=03 Cnt=01 Dev#= 2 Spd=1.5 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=15c2 ProdID=0038 Rev= 0.01
C:* #Ifs= 2 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=100mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=00 Prot=02 Driver=lirc_imon
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 8 Ivl=10ms
I:* If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=lirc_imon
E: Ad=82(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 8 Ivl=10ms

Hey, looking good! Two devices showing... both using lirc as the driver!

Skipping the compiling step since it's not necessary under Jaunity with lirc 8.0.4a...

sudo /usr/local/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 --pidfile=/var/run/lirc0.pid --listen=8765

Quote:lircd: could not assign address to socket
lircd: No such file or directory

<facepalm>

ok.. what about sudo /usr/local/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc1 --pidfile=/var/run/lirc1.pid --output=/dev/lircd --connect=localhost:8765 ?

Executes without a hitch and dumps a lirc1.pid in /var/run/

And irw?

Quote:connect: No such file or directory

sigh... well lets spin on and see if the LCD will show the time.

It did!

Downloaded the patches... followed the rest of the instructions..

"aclocal && autoconf && automake"

Quote:autom4te: cannot open autom4te.cache/requests: Permission denied
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1

So I'm stuck again.....
When I get a 'permission denied' I usually put a sudo in front of the command.
I put sudo in front of everything for the most part.

Didn't make a difference in the case of either of my errors.
Then I don't know. Perhaps something with your lirc installation got jacked up when you were trying to install from source? Try reinstalling lirc from the repos.
rgh184 Wrote:Then I don't know. Perhaps something with your lirc installation got jacked up when you were trying to install from source? Try reinstalling lirc from the repos.

Didn't you say in the other post that what was being downloaded was already built code that didn't need to be complied... it just sort of worked?

How do I reinstall from the repos?
sudo apt-get remove lirc
sudo apt-get install lirc
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HOW-TO configure Soundgraph iMON VFD/IR Receiver (used by many HTPC chassis)0