XBMC Live 8.10 (Atlantis) released
The new release is out in public. It contains the following notable changes:
  • ATI/AMD Catalyst 8.9
  • unified hard disk/USB flash disk installer; new in this version is the hard disk installation:
    - it creates three partitions on the hard disk (boot, fat32 - swap - media, ext3)
    - it disables the "root" login (as per Ubuntu standards)
    - it asks for the reset of the "xbmc" password
  • the XBMC profile (userdata, skins, settings, etc) is saved onto the root of the USB flash disk in a directory "dotXBMC" so that it should be easier to add skins and backup settings and library databases
  • the XBMC log file is saved onto the root of the USB flash disk to ease debugging

Floor is open!
IntelGraphics Media Accelerator X4500HD will work on this relaseHuh
lout Wrote:IntelGraphics Media Accelerator X4500HD will work on this relaseHuh

nope, XBMC Live 8.10 won´t support X4500HD, though 9.04 will.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I am gonna test it today. Good job!
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
Question; Is this based on the latest Ubuntu release (8.10)? If yes, does anybody know if bluetooth is working, the official 8.10 release has issues with bluetooth devices and I'm using a Logitech DiNovo Mini keyboard.

Thanks.
Will this release still be completely formating the hard drive? Or can you choose partitions?
phunqe Wrote:Question; Is this based on the latest Ubuntu release (8.10)? If yes, does anybody know if bluetooth is working, the official 8.10 release has issues with bluetooth devices and I'm using a Logitech DiNovo Mini keyboard.

Thanks.

XBMC Live 8.10 is based on ubuntu 8.04 to ensure stability.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Excellent, cheers.
I see that it says ati/amd catalyst 8.9 so does that mean it supports only catalyst 8.9 and not the latest one out right now 8.11?
Do I copy the ext3fs.img from my old one to keep my settings?

I figured it out.
Advice on Hardware
PC-LUXA2 CPU-AMD Phenom II X6 1100T RAM-12GB Video Card-AMD Radeon HD 6800
OS-Win7 32bit - Kodi - 14.0 Helix SKIN - Aeon MQ 5 Keyboard - DiNovo Mini

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
When I run Live 8.10, I have the video plugin option under Videos with AMT II plugin, but if I install it to an usb stick, and run Live 8.10 from there, I have no video plugin option any more, and AMT II is dissappeard as well.

I guess it is somehow related to the new userdate handling, and dotXBMC folder. In here, I don't have any plugin (neither AMT II) in plugin/video folder.

Can anyone suggest on how to get back AMT II?

Thank you!
Did you back up your old xbmc folder? If so you, you can just copy it back onto your USB.
Advice on Hardware

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
gyrene2083 Wrote:Did you back up your old xbmc folder? If so you, you can just copy it back onto your USB.

No, but it is not about having something from my old xbmc folder.

Apple movie trailer II is a default plugin, which is accessible, when running from the Live CD, but not accesible from the clean USB install...

update: and the plugin installer seems not working either. At least for me, there is no "video plugins" in "add source/browse" after a clean usb install.
Now I understand, I had the same problem with the Apple trailer but I made a backup of my folder, and then I reinstalled them and it worked fine.
Advice on Hardware

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
jochenz Wrote:I am gonna test it today. Good job!

mainboard: asus M2A-VM HDMI
with onboard Ati Radeon Xpress 1250

boots into black screen.
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live 8.10 (Atlantis) released0