Framedrops on 1080p videos
Hi, i've been whatching movies on my htpc with regular video players, but when i try XBMC, some 1080p videos that used to run perfectly well, doesnt anymore.

My cpu is an AMD X2 5200+. Isnt that enough? What's the mininmun cpu speed to run 1080p videos on xbmc?
~3Ghz dual core. 1080p at high enough bitrate can saturate the memory bus with some onboard gfx, too.
So that means my cpu is more than enough to play 1080p videos on xbmc?

I have only 1gb ram with onboard videocard (that steals a portion of that memory). Can that be the problem?
TiaoMacaleh Wrote:So that means my cpu is more than enough to play 1080p videos on xbmc?
No idea. I don't memorize AMD's product IDs and I don't care enough to look it up. I do, however, know that Intel's core2 arch is far superior to AMD's current offering.
Quote:I have only 1gb ram with onboard videocard (that steals a portion of that memory). Can that be the problem?
Seems rather probable, yes.
Anyone know whats the mininmun specs for an AMD processor to play 1080p video on xbmc?
if you 1080p video is vc1 , your cpu must 2 core and 3G up

if you 1080p video is h264, your cpu must be 2.2G up
Same applies to AMD cpus?

Mine is a X2 5200 (dual core @ 2.7 gz)
Check how hard your cpu is working during playback of this video. From what I have read here, your CPU is borderline for 1080p playback in XBMC currently.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Framedrops on 1080p videos0