[Request] Link to Weather plug-in on Weather page
Nuka just posted a very nice plug-in - can you add a button on the Weather page for it?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40338

thx!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
u gotta download the script and add it to the scripts section... no idea how to put a button poitning to a script... may look into it at a later stage though...
XBMC.RunScript(script[,args]*)

Where script is the path to the script.

You could probably include it in your skin package to prevent confusion with people having to manually install it.

(Just tried your skin today... looks great man!)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
xb2iris,
as RW pointed out it is easy to launch a script from a button... I just figured I'd ask you to do it since you are still working on the skin and I thought it would be a great benefit for the end-users as the script really adds a ton of nice weather info.
rwparris2 Wrote:.....You could probably include it in your skin package to prevent confusion with people having to manually install it......

Always a bad idea IMHO because you then end up with outdated versions of scripts that no longer work anymore and don't have bug fixes and then people complain to the script writers thats its broken and its just because they have a outdated version. Its best to let them install it themselves and then have an option to point to the script in skin settings like PM3.HD does
As Jezz_X says, its pointless me adding a script into the skin. I believe that's not my responsibility, and takes the fun out of collecting scripts for you guys. It would be cool, but I don't think including something which needs installatation would be a good idea, as some people will be rended with an unusable button, which no body wants. Plus, the weather screen is sufficient for me. I just want to know if it rains or doesn't and how warm its going to get. More info makes me dizzy! hehehe
xb2iris,
Is there a way to make a button conditional upon a file or folder existing?

It would be cool to have a button show, if the script (folder/file) exists... set by the user.

If not, maybe a feature request? Wink
no idea... wish there were, but unless someone can point me to it... i'm lost... plus, times a bitch... using internet cafe until they can install the internet at my place... sad sad... wish i were more in touch...
xb2iris,
Can you post a feature request for this? JM will consider it much more coming from a skinner!
The reason the feature to check if a file or folder existed was never added (asked for many times before) was because it would have to hammer the filesystem too much because of the way the skin condition system is done by checking and rechecking every frame (or somthing like that) at least thats what jmarshall told me ages ago
I still don't see any very good reason not to include it in the skin (it will always be as updated as your skin is...), BUT if you want, I could write a small script you can include in the skin that will enable this to work.

It will
1) Check to see if q:/scripts/TWC Supplemental exists
2) If so, launch script
3) If no, Present a yes no dialog asking the user if they want to download it
3) Download it if yes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
indeed rwparris2 thats the best way to go about it if you ask me mc360 did the same thing with the old xbmcscripts.com installer
Oh okay... thats sounds great rwparris2... that sounds great... and as this is a new dimention to me, instruct me on how to get this thing into my skin... guess it won't be to hard... but that will definately be a cool feature to put in there, and I'm sure it'll open the door to more similar ideas in horizonz... thanks man... and thanks for helping Jezzy!
Jezz_X Wrote:The reason the feature to check if a file or folder existed was never added (asked for many times before) was because it would have to hammer the filesystem too much because of the way the skin condition system is done by checking and rechecking every frame (or somthing like that) at least thats what jmarshall told me ages ago

I'd hope not Huh

Seems like the logical thing to do is have the conditional check on page load... only once. The "hammer" would be a cotton ball, only used once, if done this way Rofl

I'm hoping a skinner puts in this feature request again... Maybe explaining usage would be helpful in hte request.

I'm amazed that the engine does not have this feature, it seems like it would be used a lot since we are now going to Linux/Windows where interactivity with other apps is going to be expanded greatly.
Livin your missing my point its that currently if added thats how it would work because its how all currently work It needs a redesign of somthings internally of the skin conditions for it to do what you want.
And at the time JM was not prepared to do that for 1 skin condition

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] Link to Weather plug-in on Weather page0