[MAC] Third-party regular SVN builds for Mac OS X and Apple TV?
guys, just a quickie. my /dev/disk0s3 appears full....:o
Filesystem 512-blocks Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
/dev/disk0s3 1843192 1843192

how to i free up space/choose what to get rid of?
deano72 Wrote:guys, just a quickie. my /dev/disk0s3 appears full....:o
Filesystem 512-blocks Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
/dev/disk0s3 1843192 1843192

how to i free up space/choose what to get rid of?

need to find what you put there and delete it Smile

/dev/disk0s3 is 900MB, don't store massive items in directories that point there.

/dev/disk0s4 is mounted at "/mnt" and there are several symlinks that use that ref. "ls -la /" will show them.
Thanks davilla...
the only thing big i have installed recently is background art pack (500mb), but I put that on /users/frontrow and thought that that would not be on disk0s3. Any ideas or pointers on how to view recently added items on disk0s3?
deano72 Wrote:Thanks davilla...
the only thing big i have installed recently is background art pack (500mb), but I put that on /users/frontrow and thought that that would not be on disk0s3. Any ideas or pointers on how to view recently added items on disk0s3?

See http://forum.awkwardtv.org/viewtopic.php...1&start=10
many thanks.
now down to 77%.. I had too many skins and two copies of boxee.app within boxee.app.
Will look at getting it further down soon.
Cheers,
Dean
davilla Wrote:See this URL for an SSE3 emulator for the AppleTV

http://0xfeedbeef.com/appletv/ -> AppleTV Enabler

Also you post below just mentions "You can install GCC compiller on ATV.". This implies it's only gcc. But your post on the awkwardtv forums says more and looks like it's manual install of XCode. This makes compiling XBMC for Mac more of a possibility. Don't forget the MacPort libs, there is a package at sf or one can just install MacPorts.

http://forum.awkwardtv.org/viewtopic.php...62e4372b43

A few weeks back I tried to do a build and ran into some problems and jmarshall recommended I should not use macports (as mentioned in the link). Is this the same build process or something totally different?

And a side question for whoever is trying to make the SVN builds -- can you add in jmarshall's diff (for IMDB Top 250) as mentioned in this same thread? I just haven't had time to play with this and I struggle with Unix stuff. Thx

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...demy+award
tuckbodi Wrote:A few weeks back I tried to do a build and ran into some problems and jmarshall recommended I should not use macports (as mentioned in the link). Is this the same build process or something totally different?

see http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/li...README.osx, section 3.0. "Installing the required mpkgs or MacPorts packages". The trick with MacPorts is it needs to be build against 10.4.sdk. Installing MacPorts under 10.5 will build against 10.5 sdk and the resulting XBMC for Mac will not run under the AppleTV.

XBMC for Mac requires the MacPort built libraries. You can a) install the mpkgs ( which are built from MacPorts) or b) Install MacPorts.
OK guys i got the latest SVN revision compiled and working both on my ATV and MBP. I plan to do this every couple of weeks for my own use but if there is a need i could possibly look into hosting this somewhere for the rest of you to use also.

Are there any issues with me making an SVN build with a few skins available?

If i do go ahead with this it will be provided as is with no ongoing support....
leigh_munro Wrote:Are there any issues with me making an SVN build with a few skins available?

No issues with this from us devs Smile I would somehow tag the svn version number associated with each build so if someone reports an issue, they can reference the svn version.
leigh_munro Wrote:OK guys i got the latest SVN revision compiled and working both on my ATV and MBP. I plan to do this every couple of weeks for my own use but if there is a need i could possibly look into hosting this somewhere for the rest of you to use also.

If i do go ahead with this it will be provided as is with no ongoing support....

Cool I'm waiting for it

I would love to enjoy one of the last features added in the context menu to mark all movies as watched in one click.

Let us know where we can grab your svn package....

keep up the good work
Big Grin
Excellent - another dedicated xbox-xbmc-svn watcher here. Look forward to getting your source for appleTV
leigh_munro Wrote:OK guys i got the latest SVN revision compiled and working both on my ATV and MBP. I plan to do this every couple of weeks for my own use but if there is a need i could possibly look into hosting this somewhere for the rest of you to use also.

How big is the build and in what format ?
What kind of bandwidth do you think is required to distribute this (if that's what you want to do) ?

Obvioulsy ++++++ 1 for this
I made a disk image (.dmg) today as a test. This was approx 100mb including the Mediastream skin. As far as distribution I was just thinking of putting a torrent somewhere. Anyone know of a good Torrent tracker specifically for Open source software?
leigh_munro Wrote:I made a disk image (.dmg) today as a test. This was approx 100mb including the Mediastream skin. As far as distribution I was just thinking of putting a torrent somewhere. Anyone know of a good Torrent tracker specifically for Open source software?

How about http://beta.legaltorrents.com/ ?
Will these latest builds contain the MyMovies server code that allows xbmc clients to read the MyMovies server for overs and stuff? Specifically, the ability to read the data from a Windows Home Server installation?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Third-party regular SVN builds for Mac OS X and Apple TV?0