Autoswithc to 60Hz not acknowledged as an issue?
I had a look at the known issues for Atlantis (http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/8....issues.txt).

Is this bug/issue (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5307) something that the developers think depend on drivers?

I would think that it should affect many users in PAL land, on top of those wanting to play videos at refresh rates compatible with the movie 24fps standard.

I'm asking because it's my first bug report and maybe I did something wrong in reporting things... Smile
the known issue file was created with focus of the linux platform. Since the dvdplayer isn't my game I can't really tell if this is a bug or just a missing feature and therefore not everything is listed there.
Developers aren't that good with documentations Eek
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:the known issue file was created with focus of the linux platform. Since the dvdplayer isn't my game I can't really tell if this is a bug or just a missing feature and therefore not everything is listed there.
Developers aren't that good with documentations Eek
Hi Wiso, there we go... I probably explained things badly.

It has nothing to do with the dvdplayer specifically. The autoswitch to 60Hz happens as soon as XBMC is launched. I am able to toggle between the desktop refresh rate and 60Hz by pressing the \ key on the keyboard. But if I launch a video, which then plays correctly at the desktop refresh rate, when I stop it and go back to XBMC... bam! 60Hz all over again, automatically.

Apparently, since I have a resolution for XBMC that is equal or greater (in my case equal, obviously) than the desktop resolution, XBMC starts at fullscreen, no matter what. This means that I can't solve the problem by omitting the -fs switch when launching the program.

But still, why should XBMC automatically decide to run at 60Hz if we are not telling it to?

If somebody could edit this thread title I'd be eternally grateful, that spelling mistake hurts my eyes. Wink
Yeah maybe I also explained it wrong but elupus put some effort in this issue (only on Linux yet?) so I hope he might solve this on windows too.
I really don't know if the 60Hz issue is forced by SDL or just "our" implementation.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Ok, no problem. I just wanted to be sure to have explained myself properly. I would be surprised if SDL forced a specific refresh rate at startup, why would it do that? To what end?

Edit: on the SDL pages I found this: http://www.libsdl.org/release/changes.html it's the SDL 1.2.11 release notes and, under Windows, it says "The default fullscreen refresh rate has been increased to match the desktop refresh rate, when using equivalent resolutions. A full API for querying and selecting refresh rates is planned for SDL 1.3."

Under what version of SDL is the Windows version built? Could this be the problem... it has all the right "words" in it. Fullscreen refresh rate, match to the desktop refresh rate. It's like the manifest of what I'd like... Wink

Edit: the evidence piles up:

http://listas.apesol.org/pipermail/sdl-l...52312.html

In any case, if I understand things correctly, with a recent release of SDL it should be possible to at least match the desktop refresh rate, if using an equivalent resolution (which for XBMC could be 99% of the cases, I doubt that outside of a development environment there is somebody not running at full screen).
We're using libsdl 1.2.13
WiSo Wrote:We're using libsdl 1.2.13
Then I don't know what to say... in the release notes they seem to specifically address this problem, starting from 1.2.10. Sad
I'm still thinking of a maximized window without border which was introduced by another app here.
WiSo Wrote:I'm still thinking of a maximized window without border which was introduced by another app here.
I don't follow you. You mean another app, apart from XBMC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Autoswithc to 60Hz not acknowledged as an issue?0