Video Speed Keep Changing, desync, lag
Question 
Hi! I just tried XBMC, first at my University, and it worked excellent!
Then I installed it at home on a E7200 with 2 gig ram and a 2600pro. Video playback is lagging behind (slo-mo speed), then speeding up to keep up with the sound, and then just keeps doing that. Doesnt matter what kind of video, mkv, avi, everything is the same!
I use XP SP3 btw, and video playback works perfectly both in VLC and media player classic (using CoreAVC).
Please help, I would really like to get this up and running! =D
Anyone? Am I the only one having this problem?? Huh
Sad 
I've been having the same problem ever since I started using XBMC for windows. Have not found any solution since... Confused

My specs:
2.6 Ghz intel (northwood) CPU
His Radeon HD 2600pro 512mb
1.75 gb of ram
700w psu
Intel P4 mobo
Stare
hmm, is there a compatibility problem with 2600pro perhaps? Sounds odd though..
nope... xbmc sucks dude... use Media Portal instead...
xbmc is still not grown up... the efforts should have been going to make the program lighter, faster and exterlan-codecs based...
untill then... you must acquire a very strong computer in order to enjoy all xbmc's benefits.
staticx,

So why are you here?
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer Wrote:staticx,

So why are you here?

now now Tslayer, hasn't anyone told you not to feed the trolls? they'll just keep coming back for more if you do. Let this troll go back to his bridge.
Sorry, you're right. Been fighting the flu. Must have been all the meds...
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
staticx Wrote:nope... xbmc sucks dude... use Media Portal instead...
xbmc is still not grown up... the efforts should have been going to make the program lighter, faster and exterlan-codecs based...
untill then... you must acquire a very strong computer in order to enjoy all xbmc's benefits.

Oh, so that's why XBMC runs so smooth with full fanart and playing HD content on my cheapie laptop hooked up to my 720p TV, while with MediaPortal and Meedio I had issues running HD content!

Thanks for clearing that up staticx!
staticx Wrote:nope... xbmc sucks dude... use Media Portal instead...

pff I realy didn't like mediaportal, it's a good alternative for a short-time period, but the interface is slow, and not smooth. Since I use XBMC 8.10 with the mediastream skin, no way I'm going back to mediaportal!
Also, the last RC build of mediaportal was very buggy for me..

XBMC +
-Smooth, fast fluid interface
-Mediastream skin
-Very nice library mode (it works great)
-Works 'out of the box '(sort of)

Mediaportal+
-Custom codecs
-Good config-tool
Take a look at this video clip.
Is that what is happening?
I have seen a few slow downs on my q6600 machine with 8GB of ram and an EVGA 260 SSC edition card. I know my machine is more than fast enough, yet on some episodes of NCIS, i get noticable de-sync with audio and video. I'll have to confirm if this is XBMC or the files themselves by using vlc to test, will report later.
Lightbulb 
Thanks for the help guys, sry I sort of abandoned the thread, school suddenly took over my life completely for a while...
Anyways, the problem is "solved" by putting a USB memory stick into the computer =)
Laugh all you want, but it works =P

Found the "solution" in this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=37995&page=4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Speed Keep Changing, desync, lag1