Weather 'FanArt' Backdrops based on current weather conditions?
Lightbulb 
How about weather FanArt backdrops? Could possible show picture of selected area in background?

[EDIT]: Support for Weather 'FanArt' Backdrops backgrounds based on current weather conditions has not been implemented in the XBMC SVN.

Further development discussion on adding on-the-fly theme/backdrops changes to skins with variables based on date and time of the day, and weather conditions can be found here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=27354

and a starter Weather FanArt Pack (Backdrops with different weather conditions) can be downloaded here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=41650

Big Grin
You are joking......right?

Please say you are.....or risk being laughed at.
what is so funny - is it possible? then tell me how
if its not possible so far whats so funny about the idea
i have different regions i want weather from so why dont have picture of La Digue in background for seychelles weather and one of tower bridge for london.
Where we gonna come up with multiple, High Quality pictures for EVERY WEATHER CONDITION of EVERY CITY IN THE WHOLE WORLD?

Come on guy......use your head.

And you really don't see what is funny about that request?
Didnt say anything about corresponding weather just want 1 picture for each of the regions i use to check, not for every region i might ever check.
Normaly I have my hometown, London (cause my wife loves it) , and Seychelles thats 3 regions = 3 pictures.
Just would be nice to define some special regions with corresponding background and
a standard background for the rest.
So you want FanArt added to Weather.......just for you? I'm not sure that is gonna happen.
@ FourTwentySmilz

You dont like the idea, fine. There is no need to be a dick.
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
I have a feeling it's probably not going to happen, but as something close, you could try adding a multiimage with the images you mentioned in it and it would just shuffle through them in the background whenever you're in the weather screen.
How am I being a dick?

I'm only making mention of the things that I think are issues. No Dev is gonna add FanArt to ANYTHING for just 1 person. Tell me I'm wrong.

I think maybe GaiusOmnibus should look into adding a custom background to his Weather page. That, I believe, is already supported.

And the only thing that really makes me a dick is hanging around NUTS like you, harryzimm.
This was never anything about: I want it give it to me !!
Its an idea and i wrote it down here for ppl to discuss if more ppl like it, maybe some skinner will include it if not...

The only way to evolve is thinking about new things good ideas will survive bad ideas or those to difficult to realize will die- thats all.

A friend once said to me "This has always worked - we do it like everytime" and i answered "If mankind always had think like that we would still sit
in a cave painting pictures with our fingers to the wall"
I don't know about anyone else.....but I'm over it. I said what I said....I still think what I said makes perfect sense. "FanArt" for Weather is not a practical idea. Not even if 300 people jump onboard. Where are all the images coming from for each city in the entire world? Where are we gonna scrape the images from? With what will we scrape the images with......a Weather scraper? Come on!

Whatever......people are gonna see it the way they want. What I said is the way I see it. Sorry if I pissed in anyones breakfast this morning.

Happy?.....................................( Probably not)

And as for your lil quote..... I heard that exact same thing in a movie once.......
@GaiusOmnibus

It is an interesting idea. As Timdog suggested you can always put a series of pictures you have taken of your home town in a folder and have that as a multi-image cycling in the background or have a custom static picture. That would mean then that only one of your locations would have custom fanart. There may be a way with some fancy skinning to use a setbool every time you change your weather location to either display a multi-image from a different folder or a different static image. I don't know for sure, I would have to look into it some more. Cheers.
i like the idea, but you'll probably doi it yourself. heres how i may do it myself.

add an image control to the weather.xml file and for <texture> use something like

<texture>$INFO[Weather.Location].png</texture>

now drop the images in the skins media folder named "New York, NY.png" for instance.

may not be the exact instructions, but that's the jist and i think it would be cool.

edit: for the above post make the city name a folder.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
I'll just say that I like the idea of having a different background folder for each location.Nod
Nuka1195 Wrote:i like the idea, but you'll probably doi it yourself. heres how i may do it myself.

add an image control to the weather.xml file and for <texture> use something like

<texture>$INFO[Weather.Location].png</texture>

now drop the images in the skins media folder named "New York, NY.png" for instance.

may not be the exact instructions, but that's the jist and i think it would be cool.

edit: for the above post make the city name a folder.

Yep, that looks about right Wink I forgot about $INFO. No need for a custom setbool.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather 'FanArt' Backdrops based on current weather conditions?1