MSVCR71.dll not found
2nzy Wrote:um sorry lol
but xbmc is amateurish
it doesnt work
you shouldnt have to hunt for missing files
the makers cant even be bothered to include them in their installRolleyes
the other program is working,I just have to suss it's system but it at least installs and loads unlike xbmc
lol,too lazy to install 2small files
wild goose chases an filling your pc with junk trying workarounds to get something working is not the way to do things.
all I want is an operating media center program
xbmc fails to deliver or even install,lol
if a lot of other programs use those files the makers at least include them in their installNod
na it's not them but I've had no probs installing Media Portal
tho Media Portal is not stable
unfortunately people cant seem to write a simple programNo

Then I suggest you learn c/c++ and write your own Media Center program if you think it's so easy. Come back in a few years and we can compare notes.

It's not the fault of XBMC devs that Microsoft removed msvcrt71.dll and msvcp71.dll from some Windows installs. Need to redirect your rant. Now that the XBMC devs are aware of the issue, it will be resolved in a future release but such a release is driven by our schedule not yours.

You have been given instructions on how to fix this, yet refuse to follow them. There's not much the XBMC devs or other users can do to help. You have been given help but have refused it. Good luck in your search for the perfect Media Center, but it sounds like XBMC for Windows is not for you.
as stated replacing the missing files does not workNo
2nzy,

Just out of curiosity, what type of XP install have you done? Did you use a nLite version? Did you use your own disk, or was this a rip off of the net? The reason I am asking is because I have managed to get XBMC working on the following systems;

XBMC Live - booted off a USB - no problems after tweaking video card
XBMC beta and Atlantis - on Ubuntu Hardy and Intrepid both 32 bit versions, and 64 bit versions
Windows XP 32 bit SP3 - no problems at all.
Windows Server 2003 32 bit - no problems at all. I actually liked this one as it installed minimal crap and was just like XP and allowed me to remote in without tweaking the registry for simultaneous remote access.
Vista x64 Ultimate - with the exception of having to download the .dll files the software worked out of the box for me. I am also using one of the SVN builds by Jester, and I am going to test Ikons as he is doing it on Vista SP1, and Jester does his on XP SP3.

So, it can be done you just have to search, read, ask for help, be patient, and don't be an @$$ about the way you ask questions because if you piss people off you will get no help and your experience with XBMC will be a horrid one. Kind of sucks to be standing on an island by yourself with no friends. Hope this helps...
Advice on Hardware
PC-LUXA2 CPU-AMD Phenom II X6 1100T RAM-12GB Video Card-AMD Radeon HD 6800
OS-Win7 32bit - Kodi - 14.0 Helix SKIN - Aeon MQ 5 Keyboard - DiNovo Mini

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
....it would also help so give info about one's setup, and maybe read abit on the forum/wiki and don't demand a solution like you paid 200 bucks for the software...

as for solving your issue, if you copied both .dll's to the correct location and that doesn fix the issue (it would help if you state WHAT happens when you try to run it, stay it doesnt work is like staying, yeah my car broke, fix it...) post a log file etc.
upgrade your video drivers (as that solves some issues sometimes)

@gyrene building on vista or xp will result in the same .exe file and should not make a difference but play around as you like Smile
Thanks Jes,
Didn't know that, and if that's the case then I'll just stick with yours then as it's working perfect for me. Great Job!
Advice on Hardware

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
not going to upgrade video drivers or anythingNo
im running vista as stated not xp
and as stated try to run it it says the files missing,place the files it says it doesnt workOo
2nzy Wrote:not going to upgrade video drivers or anythingNo
im running vista as stated not xp
and as stated try to run it it says the files missing,place the files it says it doesnt workOo

care to state where you copied the files ? and what the error message is after you copied them ? oh and you did read the part about the car and saying it doesnt work....
Ok this is a problem 2nzy, I looked through this thread twice and unless I missed it you never stated that you were running Vista, Patchdog started this thread and said he had a problem with XP. You have devs trying to help you and your basically refusing to provide anyone with any information to help you resolve the problem.

If the problem is that there is a language barrier fine no problem, we could work with you, but you need to provide us with the materials to help you. Otherwise your going to piss a lot of people off and whenever you ask a question next time your not going to get any help and furthermore if you truly feel unhappy with XBMC, you should try something else. Maybe since your using Vista you can tweak Media Player, and just use that. Until we get more information you just can't be helped.
Advice on Hardware

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
Ok i did what everyone in here has suggested, i placed the files in the windows/system32 folder and xbmc is still doing the same thing, If i start it up in window mode it works, but if i try to start it up regular (full screen) it just gives me a black screen. Now here is something that happens to me tho, the black screen is the type of black screen you get when changing inputs. In other words, if i switch over to one of my component inputs that there is nothing connected to it, is a black screen with the name of the input. This is how it appears when i open xbmc in full screen mode, i get a black screen with the input name, so that pretty much tells me that is acting like there is nothing hooked up to that input. Hopefully this way anyone can suggest anything else i can try. Thanks for the help.

Something i forgot to mention is, this is a fresh vista install, and i did do a complete reboot after i placed the 2 dll files in the system32 folder. I also did a fresh install of the nvidia drivers...

Update: Ok so what happens is, when i start xbmc in full screen mode, it freezes the pc. The only reason why i didnt notice this before is because i use a dinovo mini. So i plugged in a corded kb and i notice that it freezes the pc. Also i don't know if this matters but i have to use a weird res on the DLP, 1809x1029. Now i have tried to switch over to that res from the window mode, and i have tried others too, but everytime i do, i have to reinstall the app again, because i dunno how to start it back to it's regular window mode.
2nzy Wrote:can we have a complete prog to downloadHuh?
You get us the sources from Microsoft and we'll distribute the DLL. Until then, it's a violation of GPL. Open source just isn't for some people...
2nzy Wrote:um sorry lol
but xbmc is amateurish
it doesnt work
you shouldnt have to hunt for missing files
the makers cant even be bothered to include them in their installRolleyes
the other program is working,I just have to suss it's system but it at least installs and loads unlike xbmc
lol,too lazy to install 2small files
wild goose chases an filling your pc with junk trying workarounds to get something working is not the way to do things.
all I want is an operating media center program
xbmc fails to deliver or even install,lol
if a lot of other programs use those files the makers at least include them in their installNod
na it's not them but I've had no probs installing Media Portal
tho Media Portal is not stable
unfortunately people cant seem to write a simple programNo
If xbmc is so dam crap as you say why the hell don't you ***~ off and stop annoying people who truly believe it is
the best mediaplayer ever and that includes paid for software. and these guys who most likely develop it in there spare time
have to put up with awckword idiots like you who DEMAND Rather than ask nicely.
So do me and all the other good people on here a massive favour switch to mediaportal and leave us alone.
As you are being ObtuseAngry
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I am having the same problem with windows not opening XBMC.
This is my 5th machine running xbmc and my first problem with an install.

The problem came after a fresh install of Vista Home. XBMC worked on this pc with Vista before the fresh install. I got the same .dll can not be found error and pasted both .dll files into windows/system32/

( Now I do not get the .dll error, I just get a window that says "XBMC has stopped working" a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close this program and notify you if a solution is available. )

I am running Vista
Video out to Hitachi 50" plasma tv through s-video cable
resolution right now is 1024x768 and have tried 800x600
also have wireless MS Keyboard and Mouse Hooked up.

I will keep you posted on what I find, or if someone has had the same problem and fixed it let me know.
trailervert Wrote:I am having the same problem with windows not opening XBMC.
This is my 5th machine running xbmc and my first problem with an install.

The problem came after a fresh install of Vista Home. XBMC worked on this pc with Vista before the fresh install. I got the same .dll can not be found error and pasted both .dll files into windows/system32/

( Now I do not get the .dll error, I just get a window that says "XBMC has stopped working" a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close this program and notify you if a solution is available. )

I am running Vista
Video out to Hitachi 50" plasma tv through s-video cable
resolution right now is 1024x768 and have tried 800x600
also have wireless MS Keyboard and Mouse Hooked up.

I will keep you posted on what I find, or if someone has had the same problem and fixed it let me know.

re-install/update your gfx driver, that seems to work sometimes
1) Google the file...download it for free from like the first link.

2) Copy/Paste it into the damn XBMC program file folder.

3) There is no step 3

......Some people's children.

Kryspy
Mine is now working. The Video Drivers was the problem.

After the fresh install of Vista, my XBMC was not loading.

Here is what I did to get mine working.

-Unistalled xbmc
-copied the .dll files into windows/system32/
-updated video drivers
-reboot
-install XBMC
-reboot

Everything Now Works.

Pretty simple.

THANKS JESTER

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MSVCR71.dll not found0