Stuck at 30 hz
I've got two problems:
When running XBMC in full screen with vsync enabled it seems to be stuck at 30 hz even when the resolution is set to 1920x1080@60hz. When windowed - but not maximized! - it runs in 60hz. I've set the DynamicTwinView-option to false, so that's not the issue.

The second problem is that whatever the refresh rate video tries to play at that speed (ie. 30hz = video 30fps, 60hz = tries to playback in 60fps). This happens with vertical sync enabled or disabled.

Specs:
Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H (nforce 630i/7100)
C2D E6420 @ 2,4, 2gb PC6400
Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (fully patched)
Nvidia-driver: 177.80
XBMC-svn 16257
Post your xorg.conf and xbmc.log.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Xbmc.log: http://pastebin.ca/1264536
Xorg: http://pastebin.ca/1264538
First of all, disable the option that must have enabled in Video settings to match the refresh rate of the video.

Secondly, is it a problem that it shows 30hz in full screen? In fact, that is FPS and not really hz.

The GUI should run fine at 30fps. Or are you saying it doesn't?

You have numerous other issues in the log. I suggest doing a proper build and make install.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I've tried with all vsync-options. It doesn't matter. It still looks as though it tries to play video as fast as possible.

The user interface is also running at 30fps (though my tv informs me that the screen refresh is at 60hz), you can see that it's a bit jerky when navigating, but when in windowed mode it's fine.

I'll try doing a fresh build of xbmc, but I've had the exact same problem on another computer running linux (a month ago or so). Could it matter that I run Ubuntu from an USB-stick? It's seems a little far fetched that it should matter, but it's linux after all.

Maybe I should mention that I have no audio since there's no support for audio over hdmi in Ubuntu and I can't be bothered to find an rca-cable to plug-in.
I wasn't talking about vsync. I was talking about the other option that is in Videos.

But if you have no audio then that may cause problems as sync happens with audio. Videos playing fast is due to no audio. So, that is a non-issue.

You may also want to try triplebuffer to xorg.conf. That seems to make a difference for some.

Anyhow, your video issue is a non-issue. Your GUI issues may possibly be resolved by tweaking xorg.conf.

Ok, thank you very much for the help! I'll get going on the audio tomorrow, then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuck at 30 hz0