Atlantis Final Copiled with Debug Enabled?
Hi all,

Ubuntu 8.04 (32 bit) installed on an USB disk. Atlantis Beta2 was clean-installed on it (PPA) and I noticed that no matter what the "debug" setting in "Advanced Settings" I use, he debug log is always "on" (in /var/tmp/). As long as this was a beta version, I considered it normal to have it compiled with "--enable-debug".

Today I upgraded to Atlantis Final using apt ("update", then "upgrade") and I noticed the debug log is still always present no matter what I chose from the GUI. During the upgrade the Atlantis Final managed to replace my Lircmap.xml with a default one ( I use the remote from my STB, so I have a custom LIRC map file) -- so I assume that if debug mode for Beta2 was specified in some settings file, it should have been overwritten.

Can anybody please confirm whether Atlantis Final has the debug mode "on" by default, or am I dealing with some left-over setting from Beta2? Since I use USB stick, I'd like to save it all the logging when I do not need it.

Also, am I correct to assume that the debug mode is a compile-time option only and the check-box in Advanced Setting only urns on/off the display of debug info, but not logging it to disk?

Finally, if Atlantis Final for Linux was compiled with "--enable-debug", is it also "on" in the Live version? If it is "off" in the Live version, I could just try copying the binary from it.

WWell,
XBMC always generates a log, how much is written to it is determined by the level it is set to. The advanced setting for log level should be honored and the level of off should do nothing more than open the file. You could just leave it as is and mount tmpfs to /var/tmp so XBMC logs to RAM, that way you have some hope of debugging a problem should it arise. The configure time setting has nothing to do with the log, only optimizations and debugging symbols.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atlantis Final Copiled with Debug Enabled?0