• 7(current)
XBMC using Windows SMB functionality - please test
ok, status report

installed the latest build that was out yesterday something501.

well shares didn't work at all with the junctions just like before, then i remade the shares on the server pointing straight to the folder with no junctions.

shares showed some life, but it kept asking for password over and over and over and over again, there was no way around, everytime i enter user and password, another prompt showed up.

good news is when I went through browse, it let see the workgroup nks.net, showed me all 4 PCs and it let me create shares.

Shares then worked.

I had to re-create my entire library (still not done yet), but not because of the shares.

Prior to installing latest build, I started XBMC went to TV Shows (Horizonz skin) but was greeted with a nice message no scanned content.
shut down the XBMC, went and look in the userdata and video database was still all 10mb of it, tried rebooting, launched XBMC again and still nothing showed up in TV Shows.

Somehow my library got corrupt, but that is problem for another thread maybe. Like I said this was prior to installing new build.
nekrosoft13 Wrote:shares showed some life, but it kept asking for password over and over and over and over again, there was no way around, everytime i enter user and password, another prompt showed up.

Yeah, you hit the bug I expected. Can't do anything about it yet.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo thanks for all help, had to change few things but it works now on PC, will need to check later if the xbox in the bedroom still works Wink

anyway, any idea what would cause the library to corrupt? I have been using XBMC on xbox for maybe 5 years, on PC for 3-4 months. First time I had library issue.
nope but this might happened on SVN versions. Dunno why this happened during your tests.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
My 2 cents, seeing most people having problems on vista, are the difference in the way vista authenticates. Vista's security policy only allows NTLMv2 authentication by default. Worthwhile to try for those having problems to check security options and switch to "LM and NTLM – use NTLMV2 session security if negotiated" option. (policy "Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level").
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC using Windows SMB functionality - please test0