• 15(current)
XBMC HTTP-R, Remote Control Web App for PDA, PPC, or Smartphone (developers wanted)
Hi,

wondering if anyone can help me. I have setup as per the readme on a linux command line (installed from the livecd)

Everything went smoothly, and when i installed the webserver i could see the default page load fine that was in /var/www

however when i try to access a php file, it prompts me to download it?? not sure where to start with it

any help would be appreciated thanks
Congrats on the progress!

I wanted to add to my earlier message that the interface controls did indeed stay at the top of my screen Smile
mwoody Wrote:Hi,

wondering if anyone can help me. I have setup as per the readme on a linux command line (installed from the livecd)

Everything went smoothly, and when i installed the webserver i could see the default page load fine that was in /var/www

however when i try to access a php file, it prompts me to download it?? not sure where to start with it

any help would be appreciated thanks

Since you don't say WHAT kind of distro you use, I can't really help you, but if you are using XBMC Live CD or Ubuntu or Debian:

apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5 php5-common php5-gd php5-suhosin

or

apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5

but only if the first one fails.

Yast (Opensuse, suse)

yast2 (i thought, else yast) install php5, else open the gui and search for php5 + the PHP5 module for Apache2

Good luck!

Btw sorry to keep you waiting on the promised update of beta 0.5, but I didn't had time left this weekend, I will release it this week!
Btw2, Opera 10 beta for Android will be there soon Smile! (Only for manufacturers at first, but I guess it will leak anywhere near soon). This because Android Browser won't work in mode 0.
XiniX88 Wrote:Since you don't say WHAT kind of distro you use, I can't really help you, but if you are using XBMC Live CD or Ubuntu or Debian:

apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5 php5-common php5-gd php5-suhosin

or

apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5

but only if the first one fails.

Yast (Opensuse, suse)

yast2 (i thought, else yast) install php5, else open the gui and search for php5 + the PHP5 module for Apache2

Good luck!

Btw sorry to keep you waiting on the promised update of beta 0.5, but I didn't had time left this weekend, I will release it this week!
Btw2, Opera 10 beta for Android will be there soon Smile! (Only for manufacturers at first, but I guess it will leak anywhere near soon). This because Android Browser won't work in mode 0.

Hi,

Sorry i was running live, i have fixed the issue now I needed to-

Code:
apache2ctl stop
Code:
apache2ctl start

and it worked perfecto!!

I have a question about your indexing sccript though. I kicked it off about 20 minutes ago and all im seeing is a blank page that is still loading, but looking inside the php file suggests it should be telling me what it is doing??

Is this nomral?

Thanks again, this remote is superb!
mwoody Wrote:Hi,

Sorry i was running live, i have fixed the issue now I needed to-

Code:
apache2ctl stop
Code:
apache2ctl start

and it worked perfecto!!

I have a question about your indexing sccript though. I kicked it off about 20 minutes ago and all im seeing is a blank page that is still loading, but looking inside the php file suggests it should be telling me what it is doing??

Is this nomral?

Thanks again, this remote is superb!

Its still running an hour later? still a blank page and no files are been created in the images folder on the box. Not sure whats gwan here
There was a bug (see prev page) that would cache the images again and again (so it didn't cache the images). This bug is fixed in the following release:

XBMC HTTP-R v0.5 Alpha 2

Fixes
- Fixed image caching bug (blank pages that will be there "forever")
- New stretching interface! (might not work on some devices!)
--- Not all interfaces are having benefit of this feature

http://xbmc.denhaas.info/XBMC_HTTP-R_v0.5a2.zip

If there aren't any bugs left, this will be the final PHP release (next will be the Java release).

For people who don't see images at all, please use the tv/movie scrapers! Don't generate images yourself (these can't be indexed last time I checked (which is the 9.04 release)).

Please don't forget to use the indexing.php script first! (Your XBMC PC/XBOX must be turned on!)

Note: please launch the indexing.php script in Firefox or Internet Explorer, Chrome doesn't let you see the progress!
Hi

Thanks for for using your time developing this app.

I'm having a problem with the speed.

Before indexing it took 5 min, listing my tv shows

I then did a full indexing, I can see all the pictures in /var/www/images/tvshow (also in episodes)

But it still takes 5 min to list the tvshow icons.
Could it be it's not using the stored pictures ?

Edit: tryed to disconnect my ADSL, and now I don't get any pictures, only text

Thanks
Soeren
soeren72 Wrote:Hi

Thanks for for using your time developing this app.

I'm having a problem with the speed.

Before indexing it took 5 min, listing my tv shows

I then did a full indexing, I can see all the pictures in /var/www/images/tvshow (also in episodes)

But it still takes 5 min to list the tvshow icons.
Could it be it's not using the stored pictures ?

Edit: tryed to disconnect my ADSL, and now I don't get any pictures, only text

Thanks
Soeren

I thought I fixed the problem... I will create a new version and release it on sunday... (btw, are you sure you used the 0.5a2 version?).
Thanks for replying, I will check on the version when I get home, in a few hours

br
Soeren
checked, i'm running 0,5a2
Just tryed to copy the files to the web-server again, and it's still the same
Tried the newest version of this and it does work fine on my desktop but my Palm Pre doesn't render anything but the bottom play bar. :-(

Palm Pre Test Results
Code:
Width / Height test
BodyElementWidth: 960
BodyElementHidth: 1400

BodyWidth: 960
BodyHeight: 1400

Element ClientWidth: 960
Element ClientHeight: 1400

Element OffsetWidth: 960
Element OffsetHeight: 1400

Element2 ClientWidth: 960
Element2 ClientHeight: 0

OnResize function: Waiting for rotation... (or not working)
//via http://m.denhaas.info/test.html
same problem here, only lower bar visible after upgrade Sad
samanoske Wrote:same problem here, only lower bar visible after upgrade Sad

I will also revert the theme change, it was just a test (but it worked on Android). I shall make a proper last release of the PHP version before moving on to my new Java based version.
Hi All
I am having a bit of trouble with HTTP-R. I cannot seem to get the indexer to work and display any of my movies. It just stays at count:0 on all. I went in to the config.php file and set my port to 80 instead of 8080. I can access the HTTP-R web applet, it seems to connect to my XBMC, but after running indexer.php it seems to do nothing. The applet never shows any video content. Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Hi All
I am having a bit of trouble with HTTP-R. I cannot seem to get the indexer to work and display any of my movies. It just stays at count:0 on all. I went in to the config.php file and set my port to 80 instead of 8080. I can access the HTTP-R web applet, it seems to connect to my XBMC, but after running indexer.php it seems to do nothing. The applet never shows any video content. Any ideas? Thanks in advance
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC HTTP-R, Remote Control Web App for PDA, PPC, or Smartphone (developers wanted)0