• 17(current)
XBMC HTTP-R, Remote Control Web App for PDA, PPC, or Smartphone (developers wanted)
I've been using this for a week now or so and it's awesome! I'm using the 0.5.0a1.

Altho I'd like to give my few cents.

First of all, as I'm using e90 communicator, my screen's width is 794 pixels and the ui looks quite bad on the screen. I'd love to see an option in the settings that I could like give myself the width of my screen and it would adjust the size of the table by that and stretch all the images to 100% of it.

Second, I might be doing something wrong, but when I click anything in the browser on my e90, it takes about 5minutes till anything happens. And what happens is that the network connection has timed out (using 54Mbps wifi, not sure how fast the phone's end is). Have tried on Opera mobile 10 beta, Opera mini and the nokia's browser.

I have mysql on the server, but I can't find a db for the series or movies. Is the indexing supposed to do it (or what does it exactly do?) and maybe fasten the browsing that way? Maybe it's not working? If so, what might be causing this problem? It works fine on my PC. When I click, it's slow, but atleast it works.

I can always go on the PC view, but it's too big for my e90 screen, but works better.

If I can in anyway help you, I will. Smile

I do really appreciate the effort you've put into this, thank you!
Exclamation 
Hello,

i have totally fallen in love with xbmc and lately with the idea of remotely access it via my smartphone. I set up the xampp/lampp server on linux with a normal install in /opt/ and moved the xbmc folder (the website containing the remote control) into the htdocs. But when i try to access the site i only get this code:

Code:
Warning: require(includes/init.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/lampp/htdocs/xbmc/index.php on line 3

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/init.php' (include_path='.:/opt/lampp/lib/php') in /opt/lampp/htdocs/xbmc/index.php on line 3

I appreciate a fast answer Wink
I am trying to remove the password from XBMC HTTP access, but if I clear it out and select Done, the password is not cleared. This same thing happens with the username. Does anyone know how to clear the user and pass? Or can we pass the authentication through the HTTP-R script somehow?
Energizer Wrote:I've been using this for a week now or so and it's awesome! I'm using the 0.5.0a1.

Altho I'd like to give my few cents.

First of all, as I'm using e90 communicator, my screen's width is 794 pixels and the ui looks quite bad on the screen. I'd love to see an option in the settings that I could like give myself the width of my screen and it would adjust the size of the table by that and stretch all the images to 100% of it.

Second, I might be doing something wrong, but when I click anything in the browser on my e90, it takes about 5minutes till anything happens. And what happens is that the network connection has timed out (using 54Mbps wifi, not sure how fast the phone's end is). Have tried on Opera mobile 10 beta, Opera mini and the nokia's browser.

I have mysql on the server, but I can't find a db for the series or movies. Is the indexing supposed to do it (or what does it exactly do?) and maybe fasten the browsing that way? Maybe it's not working? If so, what might be causing this problem? It works fine on my PC. When I click, it's slow, but atleast it works.

I can always go on the PC view, but it's too big for my e90 screen, but works better.

If I can in anyway help you, I will. Smile

I do really appreciate the effort you've put into this, thank you!

I'm still busy with my new version, (this is also why I don't come here that often). So you really have to wait till the next version to also get a scale-able skin (got also a new mobile, so I have to scale it).

Also I'm compiling a XBMC with build in TV section using the MediaPortal TV server, this will also take some time... (see: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=4...post469175 )

Hope to get some progress in the next months
Linax Wrote:I have tried many times now and read the redme file also many times but cant get it to work.

When i enter "http://192.168.10.70/XBMC" page i get these faults in the C:\xampplite\apache\logs\error.log:

[Thu Dec 03 12:12:04 2009] [error] [client 192.168.10.71] (20024)The given path is misformatted or contained invalid characters: Cannot map GET /XBMC/%3C?=$template-%3Epath?%3E240/style.css HTTP/1.1 to file, referer: http://192.168.10.70/XBMC/
[Thu Dec 03 12:12:04 2009] [error] [client 192.168.10.71] (20024)The given path is misformatted or contained invalid characters: Cannot map GET /XBMC/%3C?=$template-%3Epath?%3Escript.js HTTP/1.1 to file, referer: http://192.168.10.70/XBMC/

i just came across this problem myself and found out the solution:
you have to set "short_open_tag" in your php.ini from "Off" to "On".

@developer:
if "short_open_tag" is set to off, then <?=$output?> does not work as the short form of "<?php echo $output; ?>". this results in a white page trying to use HTTP-R.

further, it seems, that the default-value of "short_open_tag" was changed in php v5.3 from On to Off, requiring to manually enable it in the php.ini.

thus, i woud suggest to either change all short-tag-versions to their long form, or to specifically include the info to turn "short_open_tag" on in php.ini in your readme-file. otherwise i guess many others will come across this problem.

PS: great work, so far!
I think your work looks fantastic and I'm eager to implement. Was just curious as learned of this through a lifehacker article and see this thread is over 2 yrs old but beyond that the 'instructions' seem unchanged?
The download page has 4.x rev but in forums on 5.x
Is there a minimum version of XBMC required?

Install XAMPP (LITE, which could be clearer pre readme)
Update config.php

I also had to launch my xbx and its web service and set the pwrd which wasn't clear and remains so.

I would love to get this to work and while the default xampp page loads, I've never been able to render anything but a blank page from my iPhone nor locally on windows server.

So does this 'remote' scrape media independent of your xbx doing it?
If you have .tbn, and .nfo files does it negate this working?
I'm about to build a nettop w/ xbmc live on it so may put this locally on that too, but curious why cant get to work now as it appears should be able to?

I tried to go through all 25 pages in this thread but it was pretty difficult to get clear answers, and just hoping we could be some sort of clear synopsis here on the thread or the page ?

Just hoping for more oblique directions, and the process / info /data flow of how it works in order to help troubleshoot it.

The results appear to be amazing, just hoping I get to see them.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
XiniX88 Wrote:Else try another port, maybe your router can't handle another port 80 device, since he uses it for the admin interface.

You have to adjust your apache configuration for that (xampp/apache/config/httpd.conf)

port 80, change it to port 81.

And nat port 81 to your computer. If that isn't working, I see no other possibility to get this fixed...

Hi, I'm not in the IT field, but I'm having the same issue that this solution fixes. Can someone explain how to do this in laymans terms? I have XBMC on my XBOX, while Apache2 and HTTP-R are on a Ubuntu linux workstation. I can control XBMC from another computer on the LAN, but I cannot get to it from my blackberry phone that does not have wifi. I need httpd to be accessible from the outside internet. Thanks in advance for helping me! Wink
Slownis Wrote:Hi, I'm not in the IT field, but I'm having the same issue that this solution fixes. Can someone explain how to do this in laymans terms? I have XBMC on my XBOX, while Apache2 and HTTP-R are on a Ubuntu linux workstation. I can control XBMC from another computer on the LAN, but I cannot get to it from my blackberry phone that does not have wifi. I need httpd to be accessible from the outside internet. Thanks in advance for helping me! Wink

OK, I got it working now. Turns out my ISP Suddenlink blocks port 80. I was trying to use port forwarding on my router to change from 80 to 81 to get away from having to include the port in the addy. Now I forward port 81 like normal and have to include it in the the address, like this http://74.165.23.999:81/XBMC

Now to see if I can tweek the widths for my ancient blackberry 8700.
In case you still need this info:
This is on Blackberry 8700c - 320 x 240 resolution

Opera Mini 5.0

BodyElementWidth: 320
BodyElementHidth: 214

BodyWidth: 320
BodyHeight: 214

Element ClientWidth: 320
Element ClientHeight: 214

Element OffsetWidth: 320
Element OffsetHeight: 214

Element2 ClientWidth: 320
Element2 ClientHeight: 0

OnResize function: Waiting for rotation... (or not working)
Friends,

Xampp installed, start the servers, I put my IP in the conf.php file of http-r, but I'm getting a message! I do not know what to do read all the topic saw some friends with this problem but found no solution.
I'm using windows 7, 9:11 xbmc with the latest svn and php server running.

Warning: getimagesize(http://images.themoviedb.org/posters/458...SS500_.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc\includes\classes\modules\image.php on line 18
Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open 'images/movie/2dcdbb20bcc1fd649d3fa3af4f7e7471_1.jpg' for writing: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc\includes\classes\modules\image.php on line 207
Been struggling with this for hours now and about to give up, hopefully someone can figure it out.

In Config.php I've set the IP to 192.168.1.193, port to 8080 and my MAC is set correctly.

I believe I have XAMPP Lite installed and working properly, 192.168.1.193 returns a workable XAMPP page.

Testing this with my laptop on my local network before trying going outside my LAN, and "192.168.1.193/interface/" returns an index page, with one folder inside "XBMC". Opening the folder XBMC returns a blank white page titled "XBMC HTTP-R".

Going to 192.168.1.193/interface/XBMC/indexing.php returns a page that says "Can't Index: HTPC, is offline!"

Not sure what's going wrong?'

Edit:
Been messing with it again, and although I've no idea what I did, I got it to sort of work.

now 192.168.1.193/interface/xbmc returns the HTTP-R remote, but it says "XBMC is offline" and "This machine is not responding" with an option to "Turn on". If I click the turn on option, it will just sit unresponsive until I close the page.

Suggestions?
skusa93 Wrote:Been struggling with this for hours now and about to give up, hopefully someone can figure it out.

In Config.php I've set the IP to 192.168.1.193, port to 8080 and my MAC is set correctly.

I believe I have XAMPP Lite installed and working properly, 192.168.1.193 returns a workable XAMPP page.

Testing this with my laptop on my local network before trying going outside my LAN, and "192.168.1.193/interface/" returns an index page, with one folder inside "XBMC". Opening the folder XBMC returns a blank white page titled "XBMC HTTP-R".

Going to 192.168.1.193/interface/XBMC/indexing.php returns a page that says "Can't Index: HTPC, is offline!"

Not sure what's going wrong?'

Edit:
Been messing with it again, and although I've no idea what I did, I got it to sort of work.

now 192.168.1.193/interface/xbmc returns the HTTP-R remote, but it says "XBMC is offline" and "This machine is not responding" with an option to "Turn on". If I click the turn on option, it will just sit unresponsive until I close the page.

Suggestions?

The ip-address in the config.php file should point to your xbmc machine, took me a while to figure that one out.

suc6
For getimagesize you'll need the PHP GDlib extension to be installed.
And if you're using the latest SVN version of XBMC it'll have the new webservice and this app might not work as the old HTTP api is deprecated.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
I'd like to change a few things in HTTP-R for my own personal needs but I'm having a difficult time with sqlite and php syntax. I would like to create a string similar to this: "E:\Movies\filename-fanart.jpg"
here is what I think should be done, but I can't write it correctly

Code:
SELECT strPath FROM path WHERE (strContent = 'movies'), LEFT(strFilename)-4 FROM files, || '-fanart.jpg' WHERE idFile.file=idfile.movie

I don't know if I should use LEFT or Right to remove the filename suffix(.mkv .avi etc). this is confusing maybe but some help would be great!
tamago_quin Wrote:I'd like to change a few things in HTTP-R for my own personal needs but I'm having a difficult time with sqlite and php syntax. I would like to create a string similar to this: "E:\Movies\filename-fanart.jpg"
here is what I think should be done, but I can't write it correctly

Code:
SELECT strPath FROM path WHERE (strContent = 'movies'), LEFT(strFilename)-4 FROM files, || '-fanart.jpg' WHERE idFile.file=idfile.movie

I don't know if I should use LEFT or Right to remove the filename suffix(.mkv .avi etc). this is confusing maybe but some help would be great!

I dont really know sql or what your refrencing but couldnt strip the extension before the SQL query like: stfilename =left(strfilename)-4 cause i think LEFT is a sql command.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC HTTP-R, Remote Control Web App for PDA, PPC, or Smartphone (developers wanted)0