Universal / DVD Remote Support
I've seen some threads here about universal remotes and setting them up in MCE mode. Unfortunately my remote doesn't have that option. I can set it up for any amount of DVD players (including Xbox). Can I buy a simple USB IR receiver and somehow set up XBMC to respond to my universal remote?

Here's what's supported. It's a TVOnics remote.

I have found success with EventGhost... It is a girder like ir program. There is a plugin for XBMC, though I use mostly the keyboard emulation...
DavidA Wrote:I've seen some threads here about universal remotes and setting them up in MCE mode. Unfortunately my remote doesn't have that option. I can set it up for any amount of DVD players (including Xbox). Can I buy a simple USB IR receiver and somehow set up XBMC to respond to my universal remote?

Here's what's supported. It's a TVOnics remote.

Chances are that you will get most to work with Eventghost. Get an IR receiver (they should be cheap enough even just to give it a whirl if it doesn't pan out - no more than 20-30 bucks max) and keep hitting the button. If Eventghost registers them you can operate XBMC with the XBMC plugin for Eventghost.

Again, your chances are very good that it will work with a universal remote.
Thanks guys. I'll report back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal / DVD Remote Support1