Screensavers missing
Hello, and congratulations for XBMC. It's absolutely amazing!

A few days ago I installed Atlantis stable, but noticed that some screensavers like "Plasma" are missing from my installation... Were they removed in the stable version? Or is something wrong?

If yes, how can I add them again? :confused2:

Thanks
Noone knows if these screensavers are present in the stable version? :confused2:
I was wondering about the lack of screensavers in XBMC for Windows myself... did some searching and wasn't able to find anything so far.

I attempted to copy the "screensavers" folder from the Xbox version, after which the screensavers are listed, however, when attempting to preview them, XBMC screen goes black and then just goes to the Aeon Stark introductory slideshow (which I am using as a skin).

It's Drempels that I miss most, as it was quite useful for saving my plasma. Any hints on how to get this one back in XBMC?

I know I can download it and run it as a Windows screensaver, but does XBMC prevent the Windows screensaver from starting if video is playing?

Thanks!
Xbox screensavers will not work in windows.
xbox screensavers are in DirectX and the PC ports are using OpenGL. There're some screensaver ports for Linux OpenGL but it'll need some effort to port them to windows as well. Feel free to do so Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Xbox screensavers will not work in windows.
Thank you.

WiSo Wrote:xbox screensavers are in DirectX and the PC ports are using OpenGL. There're some screensaver ports for Linux OpenGL but it'll need some effort to port them to windows as well. Feel free to do so Smile
If I had the skills and knew where to begin, I certainly would... Thank you for the explanation and the reply.
Out of curiosity, is there any way to get XBMC for Windows utilize any screensavers?

For example, I tried copying system "Ribbons.scr" (Vista) to XBMC\screensavers, and then renamed it to "Ribbons.xbs" so that it was listed as a screensaver in XBMC... but XBMC did the same thing as before where it would not dis/play the screensaver, but only a black screen.
TheSovereign Wrote:Out of curiosity, is there any way to get XBMC for Windows utilize any screensavers?

For example, I tried copying system "Ribbons.scr" (Vista) to XBMC\screensavers, and then renamed it to "Ribbons.xbs" so that it was listed as a screensaver in XBMC... but XBMC did the same thing as before where it would not dis/play the screensaver, but only a black screen.

What made you think that would work? We have no such support and never have.
althekiller Wrote:What made you think that would work? We have no such support and never have.

Well from a technical standpoint, I have no justification. I just figured it was worth a shot.Oo

Since there was screensaver support on the XBox version, I thought perhaps there might be a chance that the Windows port might have some screensaver functionality. Therefore I surmised that XBMC running in Windows could perhaps at least launch a regular Windows screensaver... but I was obviously mistaken. No

Can't blame myself for trying, though. "Desperation is sometimes as powerful an inspirer as genius." -- Benjamin Disraeli Nod

I'd love to hear from other XBMC/Windows users with plasma displays, as to how they protect their investment. Huh
fanart screen saver. never use pause and enable resume from stopped position
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
xexe Wrote:fanart screen saver. never use pause and enable resume from stopped position
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to give the fanart thing a shot. Looks like it's essentially a slideshow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screensavers missing0