Low Sound
I am having an issue with the audio output being very low with .avi's.

In just windows, sound is where you would expect it at the volume chosen, but when I run XMBC it iss a different story.

.mkv sound fine, thay are at a volume you would expect, but when I play .avi I have to crank the stereo up very high.

This started with the last beta before 8.10 and is still an issue with 8.10

Has anyone experienced this?
shadowdragon Wrote:I am having an issue with the audio output being very low with .avi's.

In just windows, sound is where you would expect it at the volume chosen, but when I run XBMC it iss a different story.

.mkv sound fine, thay are at a volume you would expect, but when I play .avi I have to crank the stereo up very high.

This started with the last beta before 8.10 and is still an issue with 8.10

Has anyone experienced this?

Yes! Me!

I´ve just registered in the forum to search for any solution to this problem. I´ve not got any mkv (not enough computer to move it) so all my avi files are listened very low. It´s a big issue cause i use headphones to watch my films...

Before end, Thank u very much for the greatest software ever made! Big Grin

Edit: Windows Xp SP3, XBMC 8.10 Atlantis...
i get much lower volume with my xbmc windows than the original xbox with vob files. I havent looked into it at all yet, i just figured it was a setting i was using.
miamiwice Wrote:i get much lower volume with my xbmc windows than the original xbox with vob files. I havent looked into it at all yet, i just figured it was a setting i was using.

if there is such a setting I'd like to know to know what it is. before the last final beta, this wasn't and issue, volume was normal between .mkv and .avi.
I figured it out. I'm feeling a little sheeeeepish Smile. XBMC has a volume control........go figure......I came across it by accident while using XBMC remote app for the iPhone. Anyways it was waaaaay down low. Bumped it up full and all is good.

This is just me, but in a home theater setup, volume is controled by your amp, not the software running your video, it is funny how you see this all the time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Low Sound0