Clear thumbnail cache for music covers?
I use folder.jpg images in my music folders for cover art and sometimes in XBMC after putting up a new album I notice that the cover have this little white 1-2px border that I don't like so I edit the folder.jpg file and crop out the ugly border and save the new neat looking image in the same place but it seems like XBMC cache these files and it doesn't seem to want to use my new clean one for some reason.

Is there any way to make it use the latest folder.jpg somehow? Like scan all folders again, I've tried the Clear option in music settings thinking that might do something nifty but nope.
'Info' > 'Refresh' should do it.
Well yes and no, it still doesn't seem to want to update to the latest but I can manually browse for it through the album info dialog.

However this doesn't solve it for category folders, like if I have "Pop & Rock > Miley Cyrus - Disney is our overlords", the folder.jpg in the Miley folder I can update but not the one in the category folder "Pop & Rock", for those types I have to rename the folder for it to update properly, but I can only use one name once ofcourse so if I rename it Test1 and want to change the folder.jpg alittle but and have it display so I rename the folder Test2, I can never rename it back to Test1 again or it will display whatever I had for folder.jpg back then.

I can't find any folder in the XBMC directory structure where such cached files might be so it's still kind of a problem.
C:\Documents and Settings\"Username"\Application Data\XBMC\UserData\Thumbnails

Just delete the Music folder and rescan.
You're my hero, worked like a charm.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clear thumbnail cache for music covers?0