XBMC Hibernating system again and again and...
Exclamation 
I'm having an annoying issue using the hibernation function from XBMC. I've configured the default XBMC shutdown action to hibernate my computer, now, when i go to the shutdown menu in XBMC and select shutdown it hibernates the system, but when i power on the computer again, XBMC is loaded and... it goes into hibernation again. Now, every time that i power on the computer it's hibernated again and again and the only way to stop it is pressing Alt+F4 versy fast just after XBMC screen is displayed...

Does anyone knows how to solve this issue??

thanks in advance, regards
did you by any chance get ansy and press end on the keyboard or an equivalent that causes shutdown/hibernation a whole bunch of times before the last time it hibernated normally? A while back i pressed end a bunch of times as it was booting it up trying to get it to shutdown because i accidentally started the wrong partition, and then for the next 30 or so times i booted it, it went back into hibernation because it remembered all those keypresses. I had to plug in a non wireless keyboard and press f8 while windows was resuming to choose not to resume but just to boot up as normal, and it worked fine after that.
Nope, i've just used the built in menu to select shut off (i'm using MediaStream skin). So, just selected the red button and pressed enter. And talking about the end key, can i disable the use of this key? it's dangerous to have it active because it's easy to press it by accident...

regards,
Tell me about it...its the worst default feature of xbmc I know of. In my opinion, no single button should shutdown, they should call the shutdown menu instead. But yeah, its in keymap.xml near the top, in the first keyboard grouping. Just change its action to match the s key.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Hibernating system again and again and...0