• 6(current)
MediaStream Skin Feature Requests
Sure it's been mentioned before but I'll add what I personally would like, for this great skin.

1) More transparency throughout the whole theme, the transparency of the main menu would be the most drastic change ideally IMO

2)Color variants, not a big change probably just have a option for the blue color glow to be changed to red/green/grey?

3) The iTunes visualizer is my favorite visualizer but I wish it could auto change from style to style (in the realm of different iTunes vis. styles) Also I can't pull up the on screen while playing menu found on the other visualizer styles.

4) Add albumstrip/filmstrip style to the options of library views (same or similar to the mod version)

5) Very minor detail, I like the watch/unwatched icons but can't stand the dark brownish tab they sit on. I understand this is used for film posters that are similar color to the icon. Maybe just a black version that looks less like a tab, could be just a circle or make the tab more transparent?

6) Icons need sprucing up IMO, I'm pretty involved in Mac GUI/Icon design, so I might be overly picky but spruced up icons couldn't hurt Big Grin

As for usability this theme has possibly the best user friendliness of any theme I've tried (including horizons/aeon) That's why I'm using it for my family room htpc which has anywhere from 10-60 year old use. Thanks for taking the time, I know it takes a lot of work.
As I think was mentioned earlier, one really important thing to add is the ability to exit the skin, not just "shut down XBMC".
When I choose that alternative I shut down my whole HTPC.
I just want an option to quit XBMC and return to Windows.
PM3 has such an option. And right now it's so frustrating so I'm considering to sticking just to PM3 instead. Which is a bit sad.
wreezig Wrote:As I think was mentioned earlier, one really important thing to add is the ability to exit the skin, not just "shut down XBMC".
When I choose that alternative I shut down my whole HTPC.
I just want an option to quit XBMC and return to Windows.
PM3 has such an option. And right now it's so frustrating so I'm considering to sticking just to PM3 instead. Which is a bit sad.

You can choose if you want to quit xbmc, suspend, hibernate or shutdown.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Yeah, but the "Quit XBMC" in MediaStream shuts down the computer. Perhaps some issue with my computer.
But PM3 has "Exit XBMC" which just exactly exits XBMC and returns to Windows.
PM3 also has a "Shutdown" wich operates like the "Quit XBMC" in MediaStream. So even if it's an issue with the settings of my HTPC there's still a difference between the skins in that sense.
System Settings > Default Shutdown Mode

Change to 'Quit'
wreezig Wrote:Yeah, but the "Quit XBMC" in MediaStream shuts down the computer. Perhaps some issue with my computer.
But PM3 has "Exit XBMC" which just exactly exits XBMC and returns to Windows.
PM3 also has a "Shutdown" wich operates like the "Quit XBMC" in MediaStream. So even if it's an issue with the settings of my HTPC there's still a difference between the skins in that sense.

I would appreciate a quit button as well. I want the default shutdown action to be to shutdown the computer, but I still occasionally want to do other stuff on the computer, and since alt-tab doesn't work in XBMC my only option is to quit. Currently the only way to do this is to choose to "restart" which in windows, at least, makes it crash. It works, but isn't really a smooth solution.
timdog82001 Wrote:I would appreciate a quit button as well. I want the default shutdown action to be to shutdown the computer, but I still occasionally want to do other stuff on the computer, and since alt-tab doesn't work in XBMC my only option is to quit. Currently the only way to do this is to choose to "restart" which in windows, at least, makes it crash. It works, but isn't really a smooth solution.

It's been said before, but you do have this option.

Settings > System > Hardware > Default Shutdown Mode to "Quit"
LaTropa64 Wrote:It's been said before, but you do have this option.

Settings > System > Hardware > Default Shutdown Mode to "Quit"

You didn't read everything I said. I said I still want the default shutdown mode to be to actually shutdown the computer, because that's what I want to do 90 percent of the time. It's the other 10% that I would like the quit button for. To be honest it's not a big deal for me, its more of an issue for the other users in the house that don't understand why you would need to select restart to quit xbmc, and also, I imagine they'll probably end up fixing the restart functionality in XBMC at which point my method won't work anymore anyway. I don't think my situation is particularly unique here....but I could be mistaken.

On a side note...Skunk, or whoever...If I add in some code that would allow weather fanart (as an option in settings) and also an option to add a weather script button to the Weather page, would you add that? I just think in the long run it would just be easier for me to go through the work this once than have to modify stuff for myself each time you update the skin, and I know other users are interested in these features as well. I'd also be happy to code in a quit button if that's something you'd like in the skin but I would of course need an icon for it....I imagine something on par with the pm3 icon would make sense, an X or slash of some sort, nothing complicated.
This small Feature would be great Smile
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=282...stcount=12

Nice feature. Any way to add on the left side how much time is remaining on the video?
-----------------------------
I see you use Player.TimeRemaining but Im not sure where to put it to get it on the left side there.
-----------------------------
I got it to work on the right side. Replace this section in VideoFullScreen.xml as the link stated above mentions. This will make it show "The Video's Time Remaining/The Video's Full Length/Time The Video Will End"

<control type="label" id="1">
<description>Video Player Duration & Finish Time Label</description>
<posx>1168</posx>
<label>$INFO[Player.TimeRemaining]$INFO[Player.Duration, / ]$INFO[Player.FinishTime, / ]</label>
<font>MediumSmallAltDefaultFont</font>
<textcolor>Unfocused</textcolor>
<align>right</align>
<width>600</width>
Not sure if it's a skin or XMBC thing, but I'd like to trim down the Music/Playlist menu. Don't really care for Top 100, Recently...

Great skin though.
curtis-r Wrote:Not sure if it's a skin or XBMC thing, but I'd like to trim down the Music/Playlist menu. Don't really care for Top 100, Recently...

Great skin though.

It's an XBMC thing.
1) Small thing I think would look pretty cool. When in fullscreen visualization mode while listening to music, the music information pops up on the left, hangs out for 30 secs and then disappears. I love that but the pop in/out is kind of harsh. It would be nice if it slid in/out or faded in/out.

If y'all don't know what I am talking about I'll try to grab a screenshot of the area I mean when I get home.

2) I'd like to see Favorites on the home menu screen. I like to use Favorites as shortcuts to my favorite music stations on Last.fm, etc. and I used it all the time in PM3.HD. Maybe there is already this option in there and I have not found it? I did find the way to turn off "Watch TV" so thanks for that (I don't do the PVR thing in XBMC) nice thinking.

Thanks for my favorite skin!
I could be mistaken but i think the favorites option is in the submenu under system.
timdog82001 Wrote:I could be mistaken but i think the favorites option is in the submenu under system.

Yep, though I'd rather see it on the home menu since it's something I would be using frequently. I see earlier in the thread there's a request for customizing the home menu so that would cover it (for me at least).

Speaking of favorites, it's not my favorite (hah hah) how it pops up on the right. You can't read the full text of the entries until an entry has focus. Some better placement of the Favorites menu to make it more readable would be a nice to have.

Thanks!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream Skin Feature Requests1