• 14(current)
'Adjust refresh rate' now working for Windows
for starters it only works in the dx version.
spiff Wrote:for starters it only works in the dx version.

Thanks for this usefull Info !

It's a pitty that it's not working anymore on the gl version ... but obviously, the future version of xbmc4win will be dx ...
Thanks to all XBMC contributors, devs, skinners, scripters, ... It's really an amazing piece of software.
I just installed the latest Beta of XBMC. The Refresh Rate Changer does not work for my TV (running on Windows 7 x64, Radeon 4770).

I have a 1080i-display. I can switch between 25 Hertz and 30 Hertz. For PAL (25 fps) it should switch to 25 Hertz, and for 24, 29.97 and 30 fps it should switch to 30 Hertz.
I found it all worked perfectly in alpha2. I could enable adjust refresh and sync playback and it would switch to 24 on my 23.976 files and speed up by 0.1. With the beta adjust refresh puts everything so much out of sync, and sync playback to display doesn't detect the right refresh rate so tries to do 20, 17 fps etc.

Adjust refresh by itself it also is out of sync, so I am currently using just sync playback to display and watching my 23,976 files at 25fps which works perfectly.

EDIT: Also not sure if related. On alpha 1 resuming from suspend worked perfectly, on both alpha 2 and beta 1 it offsets the screen to the bottom right corner and I have to exit and restart.
Just tested the latest build Ikons put up.

Adjust refresh rate is working beautifully with my ATI HD4350, Series 6 Samsung and Denon AVR 790.

My HTPC experience with XBMC is complete.

Note: I needed to set all common refresh rates via Catalyst control Center in windows and adjust the overscan to 0 for each (24hz, 50hz and 60hz)
AzzX Wrote:Just tested the latest build Ikons put up.

Adjust refresh rate is working beautifully with my ATI HD4350, Series 6 Samsung and Denon AVR 790.

Note: I needed to set all common refresh rates via Catalyst control Center in windows and adjust the overscan to 0 for each (24hz, 50hz and 60hz)

But the xbmc don't auto swith the resfresh rate for the movie in 24p ?
AzzX Wrote:Just tested the latest build Ikons put up.

Does the adjustment happen before or after playback starts? It should happen before, otherwise with the average sync time of HDMI connections... you easily lose 2 seconds of content.
DrSlump Wrote:But the xbmc don't auto swith the resfresh rate for the movie in 24p ?

It does for me. I am using DX.

ashlar Wrote:Does the adjustment happen before or after playback starts? It should happen before, otherwise with the average sync time of HDMI connections... you easily lose 2 seconds of content.

It appears to be after, though I am not too fazed by it, I just like the fact it is working.
AzzX Wrote:It does for me. I am using DX.

It appears to be after, though I am not too fazed by it, I just like the fact it is working.
There's a guy in another thread that laments a 4-6 seconds blank before video shows (sound starting right away). Considering that the media is analyzed when importing in the library... why can't XBMC record frame rate as well, so as to switch before starting playback?
ashlar Wrote:There's a guy in another thread that laments a 4-6 seconds blank before video shows (sound starting right away). Considering that the media is analyzed when importing in the library... why can't XBMC record frame rate as well, so as to switch before starting playback?

I just tried the newest build from Ikons, I think it is fixed as it changes rate then the movie starts. I have never had a 4 to 6 second delay though, about a second in previous builds.

It is possibly related more to your graphics card/ Display device.
ashlar Wrote:There's a guy in another thread that laments a 4-6 seconds blank before video shows (sound starting right away). Considering that the media is analyzed when importing in the library... why can't XBMC record frame rate as well, so as to switch before starting playback?

Same here. I have noticed this effect since the Alpha's popped up. No big deal for me as I can wait a few seconds for video. However, the out of sync audio is annoying. I can usually fix it by stopping the movie and restarting it.
Thank you for a glorious piece of software.
The "auto adjust refresh rate"-function is working flawlessly since the last beta verision with my ATI HD4200 and everything else works like a charm!

//Markus
AzzX Wrote:I just tried the newest build from Ikons, I think it is fixed as it changes rate then the movie starts. I have never had a 4 to 6 second delay though, about a second in previous builds.

It is possibly related more to your graphics card/ Display device.
Yes. Tried SVN 25270 and all is working magnificently, at least... so far Smile. Apart from a stacking problem I have, but it's off topic here Wink.

Edit: nope, still starting before refresh switch. I was mistaken before.
WOW, it's finally working!! Big Grin This is really great Smile I had almost given up my hopes that this could be done on windows, but I guess the directx port made things easier, or? Smile In any case it's working perfectly now, even for me Big Grin

As you others say though it takes a few seconds to change refresh rate, but common, it always takes time for the TV to change refresh rate. All you have to do it you don't wanna miss anything is to rewind the movie. Maybe not perfect, but damn close Wink

Specs:
Windows Vista, 64-bit (WoW) Service Pack 1 build 6001. Built on Dec 16 2009 (SVN:25755, compiler 1500)
AMD Athlon™ Dual Core Processor 4850e
Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 24Hz

I use the builtin graphics and sound on my Gigabyte 780g motherboard to output 1080p and 5.1 digital audio over HDMI.
This is working fine for me with 1 annoying exception. My Panasonic Plasma has the 24fps @96hz capability and when playing back a 1080p 24fps movie XBMC switches to 24hz which causes my tv to switch to 96hz and everything works great. Unfortunately my TV cannot support 50hz and whenever playing a movie that plays back at 25fps XBMC tries to switch to 25hz and my TV goes black. Does anyone know how to disable switching for the 25fps videos but still allow for 24hz switching?
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Adjust refresh rate' now working for Windows0