• 15(current)
'Adjust refresh rate' now working for Windows
tret Wrote:This is working fine for me with 1 annoying exception. My Panasonic Plasma has the 24fps @96hz capability and when playing back a 1080p 24fps movie XBMC switches to 24hz which causes my tv to switch to 96hz and everything works great. Unfortunately my TV cannot support 50hz and whenever playing a movie that plays back at 25fps XBMC tries to switch to 25hz and my TV goes black. Does anyone know how to disable switching for the 25fps videos but still allow for 24hz switching?

Which one do you have? I have the 42pz85E and when I play PAL (25fps) content it switches to 50hz and the playback is perfect. If you have the usa version and it doesn't support 50hz you should stay far away from PAL content.
I'll bet my car on that your TV supports both 50Hz and 60Hz as that is a part of the HD-ready standard. That doesn't mean your TV supports 25Hz signal. XBMC only switch to fps that is reported to work with your TV from the OS, so ether your TV reports wrong to the OS or you have added a frequency manually for your graphic card that isn't supported for your TV.
Try to remove your graphic card driver and then reinstall the latest one so it will cleans the supported frequency.
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
StarChild Wrote:I'll bet my car on that your TV supports both 50Hz and 60Hz as that is a part of the HD-ready standard. That doesn't mean your TV supports 25Hz signal. XBMC only switch to fps that is reported to work with your TV from the OS, so ether your TV reports wrong to the OS or you have added a frequency manually for your graphic card that isn't supported for your TV.
Try to remove your graphic card driver and then reinstall the latest one so it will cleans the supported frequency.

Yeah, you are right on there. Windows has 1920x1080 @ 50hz as an option. If I manually change to this resolution and refresh I get the same behavior as in XBMC. I have tried removing the driver and installing the latest but that mode is always available in windows and in the Nvidia control panel. Does anyone know how to remove a mode?
@tret:
What model do you have?
What sort of cable do you have and how long is it?
Cheers StarChild
@StarChild:

TV: Panasonic TC-P65V10
Video Card: Nvidia GT 220
Video Driver: 195.62 WHQL 64bit
Cable: Generic HDMI Cable 3'
CPU: Intel Core i7 920
RAM: 6GB DDR3
XBMC: Camelot Final

I'll post a screenshot of the Nvidia control panel's resolution screen. It has a list of compatible resolutions and then at the bottom under a section titled "PC" it has the 25/50hz resolution which results in the black screen upon usage.

Thanks
@tret: "Cable: Generic HDMI Cable 3' ". Is that 3 meters?
I'll looked it up and your TV supports 50Hz. But you get a picture in 60Hz but not in 50Hz right?
Chears StarChild.
one question, is this automatic refresh rate working also with external player ? I mean : xbmc will change refresh rate and then will call external player ?

Alda
alda Wrote:one question, is this automatic refresh rate working also with external player ? I mean : xbmc will change refresh rate and then will call external player ?

Alda

Why would it do that Huh ?, AFAIK the external player takes over all functions of playback, which would include changes to refresh rate, if possible within the player.

The whole adjust refresh rate issue is buggy at best and should be used with caution, in any of the builds at present.
steelman1991 Wrote:Why would it do that Huh ?, AFAIK the external player takes over all functions of playback, which would include changes to refresh rate, if possible within the player.

The whole adjust refresh rate issue is buggy at best and should be used with caution, in any of the builds at present.

For the playback I'm using km player, because I need cuda support. So that's why I'm asking. Or is there any utility which I can call wia bat file ?

Alda
alda Wrote:For the playback I'm using km player, because I need cuda support. So that's why I'm asking. Or is there any utility which I can call wia bat file ?

Alda

I don't think there is anything out there that will do what you need. As I said the whole purpose of the external player is to move out of xbmc into the players own environment, therefore if the player (in this case KM player) doesn't support it then I would think you are stuck with a stable refresh rate, obviously based on your display configuration.

MPC-HC does have full screen autochanger refresh rate as part of its configuration, but again I have found this buggy and couldn't quite manage to get it working properly, though that was several weeks ago and updates might just have cured the problems I was having (failing to return properly to display's native refresh rate).

I think that anything of the nature you are looking for would have to be provided from the players perspective and not xbmc - though I would happily stand to be corrected.
steelman1991 Wrote:I don't think there is anything out there that will do what you need. As I said the whole purpose of the external player is to move out of xbmc into the players own environment, therefore if the player (in this case KM player) doesn't support it then I would think you are stuck with a stable refresh rate, obviously based on your display configuration.

MPC-HC does have full screen autochanger refresh rate as part of its configuration, but again I have found this buggy and couldn't quite manage to get it working properly, though that was several weeks ago and updates might just have cured the problems I was having (failing to return properly to display's native refresh rate).

I think that anything of the nature you are looking for would have to be provided from the players perspective and not xbmc - though I would happily stand to be corrected.

Now I found a solution via bat file, mediainfo and display changer. Laugh

Alda
alda Wrote:Now I found a solution via bat file, mediainfo and display changer. Laugh

Alda
Care to share it so others in a similar predicament can benefit?
I use MPC, which has an automatic refresh adjustment built in. It only stutters some times. That can be canceled by just opening the options menu and closing it again.

Another option i would know is to use reclock.
steelman1991 Wrote:Care to share it so others in a similar predicament can benefit?

Sure. I will check my way and if it's 100% wotking I will send a guide.

This solution can be working for kmplayer and also for MPC-HC.

Alda
Hi
I've got XBMC on an Acer Revo R1360 running Windows 7 x46. Really struggling to get judder free playback for PAL DVD ISO's. I can't get playback at anything other than 24Hz. How should this work?

I'm using a plasma screen (Pioneer PDP-507) hooked up by HDMI. Nvidia control panel doesn't seem to show 50Hz options and won't let me add them as custom resolutions. Is this the route of my problems? Should XBMC be able to play back at different rates dependent on source, or is it locked to desktop settings?

I have latest SVN build and have selected options to match source rate and sync with display rates etc.

Thanks
HP Proliant Micorserver | ATI Radeon 5450 | El-cheapo USB Soundcard | Pioneer PDP-507XD
Squeezebox 3 (modded) | Arcam AVR350 | Arcam A85 | Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkII | Dynaudio Focus 200C | M&K K4 Tripoles | BK-Elec XXLS-400 Sub with Antimode
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Adjust refresh rate' now working for Windows0