• 7(current)
Weather FanArt Pack (Backdrops with different weather conditions)
I fixed my problem, not sure if it helps others or not but let us recapitulate what to do to make this work:

1) Place your weather fanart folders (00, 01, 02...) somewhere you like, ie: D:\Backdrops\Weather.

2) Open PM3.HD Home.xml and search for the "Skin.HasSetting(Home_Enable_Custom_Back_Weather)" string inside a "multiimage" control.

3) Add an <imagepath> tag with "D:\Backdrops\Weather\$INFO[Weather.FanartCode]" (without the quotes). And comment the <info> tag, this is what solved it for me. Save the file.

4) Open XBMC, go to skin settings and enable the custom weather backgrounds. There's not need to sepecify a folder here.

As an example, here's the default "multiimage" control on the PM3.HD default Home.xml file:
Quote:<control type="multiimage">
<posx>356</posx>
<posy>100</posy>
<width>924</width>
<height>520</height>
<info>Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Weather_Folder)</info>
<timeperimage>5000</timeperimage>
<randomize>true</randomize>
<fadetime>2000</fadetime>
<include>backgroundfade</include>
<visible>ControlGroup(9000).HasFocus(5)</visible>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(Home_Enable_Custom_Back_Weather)</visible>
</control>
And here's the changes as explained above:
Quote:<control type="multiimage">
<posx>356</posx>
<posy>100</posy>
<width>924</width>
<height>520</height>
<imagepath>D:\Backdrops\Weather\$INFO[Weather.FanartCode]</imagepath>
<!--<info>Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Weather_Folder)</info>-->

<timeperimage>5000</timeperimage>
<randomize>true</randomize>
<fadetime>2000</fadetime>
<include>backgroundfade</include>
<visible>ControlGroup(9000).HasFocus(5)</visible>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(Home_Enable_Custom_Back_Weather)</visible>
</control>
Note the bold lines...

This has worked for me Big Grin I tried to understand what the <info> label does exactly but was not able too, but without it, it solved the problem for me.

Hopefully, this will help others having the same problem... What would be nice is to have proper support for this on the PM3.HD skin, without having the need to do manual changes to .xml files. This sucks because when we update XBMC, these changes will be overwritten No
"This sucks because when we update XBMC, these changes will be overwritten"

Get used to it. This software is written for tons of people so every little tweak you want for yourself isnt going to happen for everyone. Just need to keep copies of the files you are changing and pop them in when you update. Also you dont have to update when you update XBMC. Only when you update your skin. These are skin files. And how often you do really update your skin? Just uncheck it when you install a prebuilt SVN version.

You are pretty new to the forums. Maybe a week or so? So really you shouldnt be complaining yet. Smile
SlaveUnit Wrote:"This sucks because when we update XBMC, these changes will be overwritten"

Get used to it. This software is written for tons of people so every little tweak you want for yourself isnt going to happen for everyone. Just need to keep copies of the files you are changing and pop them in when you update. Also you dont have to update when you update XBMC. Only when you update your skin. These are skin files. And how often you do really update your skin? Just uncheck it when you install a prebuilt SVN version.

You are pretty new to the forums. Maybe a week or so? So really you shouldnt be complaining yet. Smile
Excuse me? That's the most absurd thing I heard in a long time... Why can't I complain? It's not like I'm forcing anyone to make the changes I want... My "complaints", as you call them, are not complaints at all, I'm just making a point and perhaps, there's some implicit suggestions in there!?

If some important changes are done to the default skin, then, I want to have those changes and if I uncheck the skin then update, I won't have those important changes. What you are saying makes no sense... We are talking about the default skin, not some other skin that I update manually when I want.

But I'm going to lay it out for you just so you understand... Since this "weather backdrops based on weather conditions" is now a feature part of XBMC, why can't the default skin, better yet, why shouldn't the default skin support it natively? The proper and best configuration for this is to enable the custom backgrounds in the skin settings and set the respective folder for the weather backdrops.

Now, there's 2 solutions for this:
a) The skin try to detect automaticall if there are numbered folders (00, 01, etc...) in the weather backdrops folder and automatically appends the respective folder number ($INFO[Weather.FanartCode]) to the folder path.
b) A new option is added to the skin settings dialog where the user enables, or not, weather backdrops based on current weather conditions.

But this is not a complaint at all, it's only a suggestion... Someone, or the skin author, can implement it or not, it's their choice, I'm not forcing anyone to do anything.

You better start undestanding the difference between a real complaint and a suggestion, before starting to be rude in your posts.
Maybe you missed the smiley face?

The "weather backdrops based on weather conditions" is not a feature part of XBMC. It is an addin or a tweak...whatever you would like to call it. If it were a part of the trunk all your worries would be solved because you wouldn't have to change the files each time you update. Im saying get used to it because there are tons of tweaks on the forums that are not in the SVN build.

So in the future dont take everything so seriously...especially when there is a smiley face after it. You do have 105 posts in 2 weeks...so calm down a bit.
I don't care about smiley faces, you were rude nevertheless and you are still being so... You really think that you, having more posts than me makes you better or superior? I dont' think so and I don't need to calm down when people like you think they are better than everyone else... You want to know my age too? Maybe your are older than me and that makes you even far superior to me? I don't care how old are you but seriously, grow up, your arguments are ridiculous.

And as far as I know "weather backdrops based on weather conditions" is something that it's on the main XBMC trunk and when 9.04 comes out, it will probably come with that feature, no reason for the default skin not have proper support for it. But like I said, it's just a suggestion. You don't like it? Fine, I didn't ask you to implement anything did I?
Nazgulled Wrote:I fixed my problem, not sure if it helps others or not but let us recapitulate what to do to make this work:

1) Place your weather fanart folders (00, 01, 02...) somewhere you like, ie: D:\Backdrops\Weather.

2) Open PM3.HD Home.xml and search for the "Skin.HasSetting(Home_Enable_Custom_Back_Weather)" string inside a "multiimage" control.

3) Add an <imagepath> tag with "D:\Backdrops\Weather\$INFO[Weather.FanartCode]" (without the quotes). And comment the <info> tag, this is what solved it for me. Save the file.

4) Open XBMC, go to skin settings and enable the custom weather backgrounds. There's not need to sepecify a folder here.

As an example, here's the default "multiimage" control on the PM3.HD default Home.xml file:
Note the bold lines...

This has worked for me Big Grin I tried to understand what the <info> label does exactly but was not able too, but without it, it solved the problem for me.

Hopefully, this will help others having the same problem... What would be nice is to have proper support for this on the PM3.HD skin, without having the need to do manual changes to .xml files. This sucks because when we update XBMC, these changes will be overwritten No

Were you working with pm3 earlier? This whole discussion before was about mediastream, unless i was completely misunderstanding. Anyway, glad to see you got it working. The info tag is essentially the same as the multiimage tag in this case, but you can use it with infolabels.

Also, home.xml in pm3 isn't likely to change much in the near future. I think you'd be perfectly fine just making sure to save a copy of your home.xml and copying over with it each time you update xbmc. It may be a bother to have to do this everytime...but hey, its a mod.

And I wouldn't really call this a hack or tweak so much....It is a feature that was added by an xbmc team member to serve this very purpose (it is however a hack/tweak of the pm3 skin). But, those seriously interested in the feature seem to be a rather small percentage of xbmc users and one of xbmc's main goals it to keep things simple. They really like to keep things like skin settings to a bare minimum. I'm guessing this is why it hasn't been added. If more people showed interest in weather fanart, that might change. Then again I could be way off here, but thats my opinion on the matter.
Sorry about that, I though the discussion was about the PM3 skin, I don't use the other one... I just saw so many posts in the past and currently about the weather fanart not showing correctly that I though the problem was the same.

At least, that's the solution that fixed the problem for me in the PM3 skin, maybe others that might have the same problem, can try and see if it helps. If not, well, I tried.
nevermind
Nazgulled Wrote:I fixed my problem, not sure if it helps others or not but let us recapitulate what to do to make this work:

Note the bold lines...

Hey y'all, looking for a little support here, I have been racking my brain all day with this (first off my SVN is 17784 - I apologize if this is the issue but I have been having a hard time getting the SVN to update as of late)

Running PM3HD, and I tried the imagepath tag above with no luck, just no pictures at all when I scroll over the Weather button on the Home page.
I have tried numerous imagepaths within the tag and I have moved my Weather fanart folder around to try to find the correct path.
I am running Linux 7.10 Gutsy.

Examples of what I have tried (Home.xml file editing):
*placed the Weather folder in my generic Fanart folder
<imagepath>/home/xbmc/Fanart/Weather/$INFO[Weather.FanartCode]</imagepath>

*placed the Weather folder in my .xbmc folder
<imagepath>special://home/Weather/$INFO[Weather.FanartCode]</imagepath>

*placed the Weather folder in my skin/skin/media folder
<imagepath>Weather/$INFO[Weather.FanartCode]</imagepath>

I am using only one picture (that i know works) in all of the 40 directories (00,01,02, etc) within the Weather folder.

*And I have the enable Weather custom background checked off in the skin config menu

Thanks for any guidance that you can offer
I reported a week or two earilier about specific conditions not showing up in the weather pack.

Since then I have resized all images by 50% and installed the TWC Weather Supplemental plugin with the weather fanart enabled to the same folder.

I reported earilier that Light Drizzle was the condition that had no images appear. Today the same condition was up again and no images appeared again. I opened the weaher script and it also did not have images displaying for the fanart. At first I was starting to think it was my code in my home.xml, but if the weather script Nuka made also does not display that condiition, then I must assume it is a bug. I do not see this condition in the legend either for what each folder represents.
Then the list provided for the different weather conditions is probably incomplete. Somebody will have to figure out the icon numbers for the missing conditions
I'm actually using the same image (it is a bmp) in each and every folder 01 - 40 and all I see is black screen when I try the above imagepaths.
When I use this bmp simply as a static background image for weather it works fine (without the imagepath statement).
Unfortunately the imagepath statement is still confusing me in Linux/Ubuntu?
timdog82001 Wrote:Then the list provided for the different weather conditions is probably incomplete. Somebody will have to figure out the icon numbers for the missing conditions

Had the same problem of missing pictures for certain weather conditions. But after changing the directory structure a bit, the problem seems to be solved.

The subdirectories should be:
etc..

So remove the '0' for the first ten conditions.
Hmm.. This seems interesting. I would like to use it, but I only use Aeon Stark now. Everything else seems old hat now that I have Aeon. Its just so beautimus Wink . Is there any way to get this to work with Aeon? I hope so. If there is could someone post some tips or point me in the right direction please?
Drizz Wrote:Hmm.. This seems interesting. I would like to use it, but I only use Aeon Stark now. Everything else seems old hat now that I have Aeon. Its just so beautimus Wink . Is there any way to get this to work with Aeon? I hope so. If there is could someone post some tips or point me in the right direction please?
There's a mod for this already, look in the Aeon board.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather FanArt Pack (Backdrops with different weather conditions)2