• 10(current)
Weather FanArt Pack (Backdrops with different weather conditions)
Timdog, I see an opportunity for the new mirror service at http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/....

ref: http://xbmc.org/theuni/2010/01/08/xbmc-i...-services/

What do you think?
aTV with CrystalHD card
timdog, all,

My FTP share at ftp://85.223.122.245/Weather/weather_v2.rar doesn't exist any longer as I've changed ISP and subscription type (now ADSL).

From the logging I saw that some 85 copies were downloaded Smile
aTV with CrystalHD card
Coyote63 Wrote:timdog, all,

My FTP share at ftp://85.223.122.245/Weather/weather_v2.rar doesn't exist any longer as I've changed ISP and subscription type (now ADSL).

From the logging I saw that some 85 copies were downloaded Smile

Thanks for the update Coyote63, and thanks for the mirror as long as it lasted. I'll take the link out of the first post.
Timdog,

Thank you for your great work.
What do you think about adding one more level to your catalogue? New structure could be:

I winter

II spring

III summer

IV autumn

Each of new group should contain specific fanart depends on actual season. System should check actual date, and search for fanarts from proper group. For dates from 22 december to 20 march should search in winter, from 21 march to 22 june in spring, from 22 june to 23 september in summer and from 23 september to 21 december in autumn.

I thought about it, because foggy day looks different during winter and summer. The same could be with cloudy, sunny days.
Accounting for seasonality had occurred to me; however, this would require skin support and I'm not sure many skinners would sacrifice their time to add in something that they may see as trivial or unnecessary. And actually, it may be more complicated than just needing skin support. Cold/warm/wet/dry seasons occur at completely different times in different parts of the world. It would be tricky to figure out a way to automatically account for this.

That said, I would be happy to walk you through the skinning steps needed to make this happen if you want to do it yourself. The skinning itself would be easy, 5 minutes work. The most time consuming step would be sorting through all the images and splitting them up into different seasons, and likely having to find more high quality images to fill the gaps, since I'm sure for many weather conditions, not all seasons are accounted for.

So, in summary...I don't think I really want to take the time right now, but you're welcome to. Perhaps in the future I could do something like this if I find myself with some spare time, but don't expect that any time soon. Sorry to disappoint - I'm a busy guy right now with school and everything.
I get two new weather descriptions that no show fanarts.

"Light Snow Grains"
"Light Snow Shower"

For my point of view XBMC don't send a number for a folder.

I have open a trac ticket but it's closed as problem of third party

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8678
Hey guys

I need some guidance on how to install this weather pack I'm using xbmc live with showmix skin.
I've looked through the thread and there's no mention of how to install it
Well that's because you don't technically install it at all. Download it, extract it, and put it wherever you want on your hard drive. Then, you have to link to it in the skin. Some skins have the capability built in and you just have to set the folder path in skin settings. In others, you may have to actually edit some xml files.
Zippolighter Wrote:I get two new weather descriptions that no show fanarts.

"Light Snow Grains"
"Light Snow Shower"

For my point of view XBMC don't send a number for a folder.

I have open a trac ticket but it's closed as problem of third party

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8678

I posted a response last night in the ticket you linked to. Try that stuff out then get back to me.
I'm using the MediaStream_Redux skin and can't seem to get this weather fanart working. When I edit the following line in guisettings.xml, XBMC removes the $INFO[] and no backgrounds are shown. Any suggestions?

<setting type="string" name="MediaStream_Redux.home_custom_back_weather_folder">/home/xbmc/Backdrops/weather/</setting>
you mean you originally type the $INFO bit into the xml, but xbmc deletes that section?
timdog82001 Wrote:you mean you originally type the $INFO bit into the xml, but xbmc deletes that section?

Yes that's what seems to happen.

It's showing backgrounds now, but not ones that mach the weather, the chosen background seems random.
I don't really know what to say about that one, it's kinda odd. Maybe try changing the id number to throw off xbmc from fiddling with the data? I think you'd have to speak to one of the dev's to understand why it would be changing your files. And that makes sense that it would be showing some images randomly. There are 9 or 10 random images in the root of the weather folder as fallback images and it's probably just cycling through those.
Anybody want to help me figure where the code goes in newer versions of pm3.hd? The home.xml file seems to be written diofferently than what i've seen described in this thread.
Thanks
in advance
I installed TWC but screen details is black and don't show maps.
could someone help me?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather FanArt Pack (Backdrops with different weather conditions)2