Sound on DTS but Stereo very low
Hi everyone first time posting to the forums.
First off Thanks for all the great work on XBMC since installing it on my computer i have already bought a new surround sound system and 50 inch plasma because of how well it works.

My issue is this. I am running the atlantis build of XBMC and everything worked fine for about 3 weeks. Then i got a new TV and its still hooked up the same as the old one with Dvi to HDMI to the reciever and optical out to the reciever to from the PC.

I can play movies fine and they have the DTS logo pop up on the Reciever, but when i play my mp3s or anything else in stereo i can hear it but the volume is really low.

Strange thing is if i leave xbmc, windows plays everything fineHuh
I have searched the forums and tried changing the settings but still no luck.
Very confused at this point.....Rolleyes
shortyjaay Wrote:Hi everyone first time posting to the forums.
First off Thanks for all the great work on XBMC since installing it on my computer i have already bought a new surround sound system and 50 inch plasma because of how well it works.

My issue is this. I am running the atlantis build of XBMC and everything worked fine for about 3 weeks. Then i got a new TV and its still hooked up the same as the old one with Dvi to HDMI to the reciever and optical out to the reciever to from the PC.

I can play movies fine and they have the DTS logo pop up on the Reciever, but when i play my mp3s or anything else in stereo i can hear it but the volume is really low.

Strange thing is if i leave xbmc, windows plays everything fineHuh
I have searched the forums and tried changing the settings but still no luck.
Very confused at this point.....Rolleyes

sounds like your xbmc volume is turned down low
Yup that was it. Went in the settings when playing a movie and my db was like negative 50 moved it to 0 and now everything is fine. Funny wonder how that happend. Thanks for the quick reply and again KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK !!!!!Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound on DTS but Stereo very low0