• 46(current)
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC
mique Wrote:I have been following this thread for quite some time and now am a little lost! I use xbox1 with xbmc, latest svn. Can we xbox/xbmc users use a plugin to get HULU to work now, after all the hard work that has been done, I just can not find that answer. If we can is there a quick guide on where the plugin is and if we need anything else to get it to work?
Sorry if it is obvious and I missed it and thanks to all who help sort this out.
One last comment, I think HULU would not fight us if the adverts we not removed when viewing! that is how they make there money.

Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone - I don't think there's a way to view Hulu on XBox right now, because the latest working plugin uses Gnash which won't run on an XBox.

If Hulu offered to support an ads-enabled plugin, I think a lot of people would be extremely open to it. Hasn't happened though. The opposite has happened.

I honestly think that Hulu is in trouble - obviously the media execs thought that putting media on the web would only enable people to view it on their computer screens. That's clearly not the case, and to their dismay we're doing whatever the hell we want with it, and always will. I wonder if they'll put up with that, since it poses a threat to their outdated, inferior, dying business model that they love so much.
for xbox you can try d4rk's plugin for fancast. It will play hulu and cbs content, no abc or cw right now. I am working on making the show navigation better.
with all the plugins in this thread can we get a direct link to d4arks
I'm not sure if this is the same plugin that you guys are referring to, but this is Rectalogic's Fancast plugin that he linked to today:

http://github.com/rectalogic/xbmc-fancas...ree/master
my bad. it was rectalogic's. Sorry to all those affected.
Rainbow 
While the show's mostly work (nova, and a bunch of other shows do not work) they show the listing but do not play....)-:

The movies do not work at all from the fancast plugin

--I do thank you for your plugin just figured I'd provide feedback where I can.
for fancast, not all of the shows will work. ANy show that opens a player in a new window outisde of the fancast website will not work.
NPerez Wrote:I'm not sure if this is the same plugin that you guys are referring to, but this is Rectalogic's Fancast plugin that he linked to today:

http://github.com/rectalogic/xbmc-fancas...ree/master

For Fancast, it mentions in the README to update the sources.xml. Could someone please post what needs to be added? I'm having some problems which I suspect are due to me improperly updating the sources.xml.

Thanks!
is fancast going to be added to the svn?
No offense but lets try to isolate topics here. people wanting to discuss the fancast plugin take it to its own thread and leave hulu thread to hulu.
Damn so this no longer works for Xbox XBMC right? What a shame, I was just realizing the power of Hulu.
rectalogic Wrote:...

antigraingeometry will fail to build, so when you get the build error, do this to fix it and continue:

Code:
$ cd /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.ma
cports.org_release_ports_graphics_antigraingeometry/work/agg-2.5/
$ sudo autoreconf
$ cd
$ sudo port install antigraingeometry

I'm currently using Rectalogic's instructions on compiling gnash via macports but I'm getting stuck with this error after the "sudo autoreconf" step:

Code:
examples/Makefile.am: required file `./depcomp' not found
examples/Makefile.am:   `automake --add-missing' can install `depcomp'
examples/Makefile.am:222: variable `trans_curve2_ft_SOURCES' is defined but no program or
examples/Makefile.am:222: library has `trans_curve2_ft' as canonic name (possible typo)
examples/Makefile.am:227: variable `trans_curve1_ft_SOURCES' is defined but no program or
examples/Makefile.am:227: library has `trans_curve1_ft' as canonic name (possible typo)
examples/Makefile.am:224: variable `trans_curve2_ft_LDFLAGS' is defined but no program or
examples/Makefile.am:224: library has `trans_curve2_ft' as canonic name (possible typo)
examples/Makefile.am:229: variable `trans_curve1_ft_LDFLAGS' is defined but no program or
examples/Makefile.am:229: library has `trans_curve1_ft' as canonic name (possible typo)
Makefile.am: required file `./INSTALL' not found
Makefile.am:   `automake --add-missing' can install `INSTALL'
Makefile.am: required file `./NEWS' not found
Makefile.am: required file `./README' not found
Makefile.am: required file `./AUTHORS' not found
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

Can anyone help me, please. Thanks.
Have you tried the rebuild anyway? I had some errors, tried, and it successfully built and installed.
Works like a champ on OSX! Such a deal.

BTW, I've made some fixes and tweaks to both the subscriptions and queue variants of the Hulu plugin (along with combining them) -- how would I contribute those to the general good (other than posting them up myself, which is always an option, I suppose)?
jonm42 Wrote:Have you tried the rebuild anyway? I had some errors, tried, and it successfully built and installed.

Yes. I went ahead and continued, ignoring the error, but then immediately get hit with this error following the antigraingeometry install step:

Code:
--->  Building antigraingeometry
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_antigraingeometry/work/agg-2.5" && make all " returned error 2
Command output: checking if /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 option to produce PIC... -fno-common
checking if /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 PIC flag -fno-common works... yes
checking if /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 static flag -static works... no
checking if /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 linker (/usr/libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin9/4.0.1/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... darwin9.5.0 dyld
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... yes
configure: creating libtool
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
checking for ld used by /usr/bin/g++-4.0... /usr/libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin9/4.0.1/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin9/4.0.1/ld) is GNU ld... no
checking whether the /usr/bin/g++-4.0 linker (/usr/libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin9/4.0.1/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking for /usr/bin/g++-4.0 option to produce PIC... -fno-common
checking if /usr/bin/g++-4.0 PIC flag -fno-common works... yes
checking if /usr/bin/g++-4.0 static flag -static works... no
checking if /usr/bin/g++-4.0 supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the /usr/bin/g++-4.0 linker (/usr/libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin9/4.0.1/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... darwin9.5.0 dyld
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking for an ANSI C-conforming const... yes
./configure: line 19772: syntax error near unexpected token `FREETYPE,'
./configure: line 19772: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(FREETYPE,'
make: *** [config.status] Error 2

Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.

Glad to hear you got it working though.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC1