XBMC scans everything for media
Hi all

I recently bought a new hard drive, and moved all my media files onto it. I then went into XBMC, and deleted the old sources from my media library, then chose 'Add Sources' so that my library would be updated with the new location of all my files.

However, when I update my library (as XBMC does on startup) it scans the old locations for media as well as the new ones, even though I've removed any reference to the old locations!

My library is now littered with rubbish! Can anyone help me? I'm using XBMC 8.10 with the Mediastream skin.

Thanks in advance!
clean library, settings
This removes all the rubbish from the library, but when I start XBMC and it starts updating the library again, it scans everything, including the OLD locations which I've removed.
edbyford Wrote:This removes all the rubbish from the library, but when I start XBMC and it starts updating the library again, it scans everything, including the OLD locations which I've removed.

If you have told it to update on start it it will scan your sources every time but it's
only looking for new media and you can turn it off.

But if you had deleted your sources.xml then there is no way it could scan your old sources
on start. as it does not know about them?Rolleyes
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
As the previous poster indirectly suggested, delete UserData/Sources.xml and add back your new sources. That should take care of it.

Rofl
senad Wrote:As the previous poster indirectly suggested, delete UserData/Sources.xml and add back your new sources. That should take care of it.

Rofl

That was not what were implying at allNo
senad Wrote:As the previous poster indirectly suggested, delete UserData/Sources.xml and add back your new sources. That should take care of it.

Rofl

I never suggested he delete anything at allNo
Hi, I know you did not suggest this, but I just tried *moving* sources.xml out of the folder, and started xbmc.
It still scans all the OLD media locations as well as the new ones. I know it is only scanning for new media, but the point is it's scanning the wrong locations!
what does your "root" look like in files mode?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
In root, it has the two 'new' sources in, just like it's supposed to. The old sources are not listed anymore.
edbyford Wrote:In root, it has the two 'new' sources in, just like it's supposed to. The old sources are not listed anymore.
So i have to ask how do you actually know it's scanning your old sources.
Post a debug log
I know because (on the Mediastream skin at least) there is a black box in the top right, with a progress bar, which says 'Downloading media information'. It shows which files and folders it is currently scanning, and the ones it is scanning are all in the old location.

Where can I find a debug log?
I uninstalled XBMC and reinstalled, that seemed to fix it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC scans everything for media0